What service is missing on your restoration/repair journey?

-

RGAZ

Diehard
Reaction score
There are excellent services (members etc.) out there to help us DIY mopar lovers from gauge rebuilds to suspension kits and aftermarket parts. What I want to know is what is missing to support us? Or what is soon to go extinct? Some of the best people I know to restore parts aren't "spring chickens" and once they are gone, the service is gone. So, I am looking to find what is needed or near extinction so I can plan appropriately and maybe start the support myself in my retirement.

Just looking for your experiences and what you fear is soon the end of to keep mopars on the road.

Thanks
RGAZ

I would say some fabricators and or CNC/lathe operators for those one off pieces or custom work.

I know there are powder coaters, suspension, interior, engines, transmission, but some of that hands on work that the DIY can't do yet.

Both early and late A bodies are hurting for more affordable better fitting headers.

Both early and late A bodies are hurting for more affordable better fitting headers.
Is there a thread where we can post what is needed and or missing in terms of parts and or services?

I do see that they are FINALLY making mopar related items for the classic A body stuff, but you are right, the market is thin for early A stuff too

Is there a thread where we can post what is needed and or missing in terms of parts and or services?

I do see that they are FINALLY making mopar related items for the classic A body stuff, but you are right, the market is thin for early A stuff too

You can use this post its what I intended. Give me the list, maybe others can give you direction.

I would say some fabricators and or CNC/lathe operators for those one off pieces or custom work.

I know there are powder coaters, suspension, interior, engines, transmission, but some of that hands on work that the DIY can't do yet.
I do CNC plasma cutting, and I'd say just about all the work that comes in to me is one off stuff.

Seems that finding shops to do electrical work around here is scarce....

Invest in a quality professional 3D scanner and start traveling the country building a library of design files for every mint part you can can get your hands on and scan. From simple interior pieces to whole body panels. The materials and technology to replicate these parts from CAD drawings is improving by the day.

Invest in a quality professional 3D scanner and start traveling the country building a library of design files for every mint part you can can get your hands on and scan. From simple interior pieces to whole body panels. The materials and technology to replicate these parts from CAD drawings is improving by the day.
Very true

so you do stuff similar to sendcutsend?
Kind of. All of my work is local so far, and usually I meet with the customer and listen to what they are looking to accomplish, then take those ideas home and draw up a CAD file. I share that with them for feedback and/or approval and we move forward.

I bought and learned how to use all the equipment and tools to do everything myself.........I just don't paint due to the health hazard.

-
Back