what shifter are the stick people using

-
Not sure why people say that inline shifters are troublesome. I have probably 20,000 miles on the later generation Hurst RamRod with the flat reverse lever. I fabbed up a mounting plate out of 1/2" steel, and put the shifter as far back as I could, and made straight linkage rods out of 1/2" rod, with industrial grade spherical rod ends, and finished it off with an E body pistol grip boot. Most Universal boots I see are too tall and are bunched up against the trigger.

I also shortened the selector levers to the point that the bolts on the rod ends just barely clear the nuts on the selector levers. Throw at the handle is incredibly short, and very smooth. I also radiused and polished the detents on the shift cover.

I have 3 RamRod and 2 Mr Gasket shifters. I wanted to use the Mr Gasket version,but the body is too big, and would have required too big of a hole, and a giant boot.

Just from bench testing the 2 different styles, it seems that the Mr Gasket version operates more smoothly, the actual mechanism appears to be simpler, but overall it was too big for my liking.

The inline style of shifter seems to be either a love it, or hate it deal. I am a huge fan of them, especially after I Faceplated the transmission. I've got enough practice on it that if someone were riding in the car, they would probably never realize that it was Faceplated.

Of course 6800 rpm power shifts are effortless.

205CA445-90CC-433A-849A-88045B90F642.jpeg

492BE03A-7226-4CD8-B3FA-8916240B58F6.jpeg

-
Back