• Qa1

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • summit 3 way

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • other

Votes: 17 48.6%

• Total voters
-
I'm running Summit 3-way..how they working??..well the duster 60' in the 1.40's with the wheels up,on a "street car",so i'd say they're working pretty good..:-D

Competition eng and they work great 60 foots 1.70's "wheel" up :) LOL

Small Milan.JPG

I have Mopar Performance A-body drag shocks in the rear and Competition 3-way adjustables in the front, seem to work just fine.

I cant give you any performance reviews because I havent got to drive my car yet, but I will have QA1 coil overs on the front (single adjustable). I thought Id stick with the same brand for all four so I started looking around for QA1's for the rear. I found the Summit store on ebay and looked around until I found some QA1 (single adjustable) ones for the rear. On the store site they say they fit 66-76 darts, but if you go by the part number its the same as the one on QA1's wedsite and they say they are for 64-76 (I would guess 63 darts also). They are about $140 each + shipping. Abit pricey, but they are adjustable and can be rebuilt (provided QA1's around when they go bad).
Also the picture on the Summit site is different then what the shocks look like but if you read the description it says eyelets for the top and bottom.

Summit 3-ways on all four corners of my car. I like 'em, if i understand right competition engineering makes them

Gabriel Hijackers............Inexpensive, easy to install, effective, and easy to crank it up or down wherever you want it.

KYB all around, though my car is only a street/ road car. I like em'

I use to use Gabriel red riders/equivalents for years.

I have Gabriel Red Ryders on the back which were on my car when I bought them and some blue shocks up front, not sure of brand. Plan on replacing them soon but not sure with what.

I have Gabriel Red Ryders on the back which were on my car when I bought them and some blue shocks up front, not sure of brand. Plan on replacing them soon but not sure with what.

I used to have some red shocks in front and some blue at the rear not sure of the brand either... I remember that I bought them from England, UK and on them it was written "Made in USA" and that's it.

Gabriel Hijackers............Inexpensive, easy to install, effective, and easy to crank it up or down wherever you want it.

I wont pick on you for the 70s air shocks till I get my hood scoop seals. :-D

I've seen airshocks rip the top mounts right off..use with caution...

Been there , done that. When I bought my car I found that the previous owner had put air shocks on the back and they ripped my shock mount almost completely off. Needless to say I eventually had both rear shock mounts fabricated to never do that again and I took off those stiff riding mexi-shocks and replaced them with a nice set of Gabriel gas shocks and that was the end to that problem. The car rode so much better after that.

Have used Bilsteins on every vehicle since 1977.

Was *shocked* to discover there are no Bilsteins for Dusters!

After an exhaustive & thorough comparative survey,

the Edelbrock IAS units were selected, & are a worthy substitute. :-D

(For track days, it'll be the Rancho adjustables on rear & QA-1s on front.)

Have used Bilsteins on every vehicle since 1977.

Was *shocked* to discover there are no Bilsteins for Dusters!

After an exhaustive & thorough comparative survey,

the Edelbrock IAS units were selected, & are a worthy substitute. :-D

(For track days, it'll be the Rancho adjustables on rear & QA-1s on front.)

I know someone with Bilsteins on an A-body. It's a 68 Valiant setup for road course track days. Very well sorted. It was a matter of going through the catalog and checking end types and compressed and extended lengths.

what are the best shocks to help traction with the use of SS springs?
F-150 shocks? or the mopar racing ones?

Just installed a set of Monroe gas on my Demon. Have used them before on road cars and pleased with them. They are made in USA and painted dark blue.

-
Back