What shocks are you using?

-

17remfan

Reaction score
Hi ,I was just looking at the shocks on my 69 Dart GTS and realize they are probably originals.It got me thinking about different shocks and what might work best. I have used KYB in the past . For this street cruising application ,I was thinking of the some GR2 which are designed for a soft comfortable ride. Another choice would be their gas adjust that I know would be much firmer.Do you think they might be too firm for this Dart?

The car is new to me and Id like to hear what you guys run.... Thanks

Using Monroe Gasmatics on the Demon. Also using soft springs. The shocks do a good job of controlling suspension movement without a harsh ride.

Firm Feel has a new line of shocks available now. I was talking with them the other day about my car and they worked out a deal with Bilstein to make shocks that fit A body cars. Give them a call.

Firm Feel has a new line of shocks available now. I was talking with them the other day about my car and they worked out a deal with Bilstein to make shocks that fit A body cars. Give them a call.

Would you happen to know how much they cost?

Thanks for the help . Im still not sure yet which brand ill be using but ill post back once I purchase some ..For some reason, Im still leaning toward KYBs but not sure which type.

don't know if you need this much shock,but i am running QA1 adjustables. awsome!

I think the QA1 shocks would be pretty costly for me at this time .I bet they are super nice though ..Ive been thinking about it and I found some KYB gas adjust shocks on sale for about $41.00 each .They have always felt pretty nice on my Pontiacs.The GTS Dart seems to have pretty heavy duty suspension parts so I think these might be a pretty decent choice in place of the originals that are still in place( 60k miles on them now ). I wont change them just yet until I see how the car rides currently .( I have not driven it yet )

stock basic run of the mill monroe shocks. great ride. does what i need....

hi all, mine up n running and on the road! have some aftermarket shocks on mine, they can be pumped up with compressor however since fitting 440 and giving it some....as you do...blown one out so seeking some replacments on rear, going to rebuild rear springs as still on original slant 6!!! all advice much appreciated, oh, its road use only, no drag.........yet!!!

Post some pics of your car . Im sure everyone wants to see it.For shocks,you have a wide range of prices to pick from.On the higher end ,Edelbrock ISA, Bilstein and QA1 are probably going to give a great ride for high performance use. One the lower cost end, Monroe,KYB should do nicely.As Ive said in the above. My Dart needs shocks now to replace the originals and KYB are a very good shock and a fair price.Im willing to go for the $36 each Ive seen on them.

i have the kybs on my dart, nice ride for the money, ordered them from jegs

Thanks for the reply. I am very interested in some KYBs.I found a good price on the gas adjust. Ill probably get them in a week or so .

firm feel told me 425 for a set of 4 bilstiens for an abody.

I have monroes on the front and KYBs in the rear. I did have monroes in the rear but had to replace from the exhaust hitting them during bumps and eventually trashing them. After getting the pipe bent I installed KYBs. Stiffened the ride a bit and feels great. Now im thinking about getting them for the front.

firm feel told me 425 for a set of 4 bilstiens for an abody.

they told me they've been getting alot of positive feedback from customers on those but i never asked the price. 425 sounds pretty reasonable, bilsteins are hotdamn shocks

Im curious,did you buy KYB gas adjust or GR-2 shocks for your Dart .Ill be ordereding some this week. Think ill try the more firm gas adjust.

I had kyb's on my street duster a few years back i was very happy with them..

Competition engineering adjustable drag shocks they are not a bad price.

kyb's here this is the second car I've had them on .
I liked the way they tightened up the suspension on My 72 Demon.
Now I've got em on my dart .

Competition engineering adjustable drag shocks they are not a bad price.

He's talking about a "street" car i would'nt run drag shocks on a primarily street car..way too harsh and designed to help you launch,not give you a smooth ride...

Well I just went ahead and ordered 4 KYB Gas adjust for the car.I expect them to be very good if they feel anything like the firebird and gto I had.Ill post back once ive check them out . Thanks for the all the suggestions.

-
Back