what should i do next?

-

tyler_s18

k-member
Reaction score
i am gonna have some extra cash here in a month or so. pbly less then 3k that i can put into my scamp. i wont really need anything for it but what would be some good upgrades i can do to it? i was thinkin maby over drive or something but want to get some other ideas its a 360 4 speed and will have 3.23 sure grip hopefully

You are leaving it wide open. What have you done to it so far?

Lets see. Suspention mabby? Leaf springs? wheels? Hood scoop?
Just thinking out loud.

ya lol sorry. i am got a 360 for it and rebuilt it. am in the process of converting it to 4 speed. new carpet. will get that sure grip in it. and will do the stereo. thats pretty much it. i am hopefully getting wheels for christmas so that will be takin care of. they are skinny enough i wont need to mini tub it at all.

I think you should send it to me so I can build the new 360 and get the Duster back on the road:toothy7:

Dual exhaust.
Headers.
Electronic ignition.
Rallye wheels.
KYB shocks.
Got any of these?

i hadent really thought of investing it. takes away from the scamp tho:( but pbly a better way. i will get dual exhaust and am getting a set of kinda knock off rallys. they are the same cept the holes are small rectangle not half circles. will do headers when i go dual. and that is probably the first thing i should do is work with the suspension.

good idea to. is there a kit to put 4 piston in the front and make it look better? i have discs already but love the look of open wheels and 4 way discs with drilled/slotted rotors

You have bigger balls than I do... I'm saving my money because they say the economy is going to get much worse.

The economy isnt doing that bad stop listning to the news. They make everyone go into panik mode. How often do they get the weather right? Were hurting but not die'in. Did you go Christmas shopping this year? Every store was packed, every parking lot is full. The economy is hurting because nobody's spending.

The economy isnt doing that bad stop listning to the news. They make everyone go into panik mode. How often do they get the weather right? Were hurting but not die'in. Did you go Christmas shopping this year? Every store was packed, every parking lot is full. The economy is hurting because nobody's spending.

PM sent .... keep from hijacking thread.

ya no joke. i know its hurting but that means parts are cheaper. the money is still there you just have to find it. thanks for not hijacking it man.

i thought about that. i just bought a 4brl eddy manifold and carb so i am a little hesitant for now

Well I think doing the suspension and upgrading the brakes is a good idea. But part me cant help but say you should do engine work and set up for a tunnel ram with dual quads :-D

i just got the engine rebuilt. i havent even fired it up yet. it wont need that much fuel and i wnat to keep it so i can drive it all summer. i think i will get a fiberglass 6 pack hood tho

If you lived down here in Texas you would put that money on some A/C !!!!

depends on what your goals are for the car. its not a ton of cash but you have a lot of options. what year is the car? is 4" bp or 4.5"? i think i would buy a set of eddy heads, tti headers, 3" mandrel bent exhaust with x pipe and some stainless repro tips to finish it off.

i had forgot about heads.the machine shop put bigger valves in it but eddy heads would do a lot still. i know they would let more in and out but what else would they help?

they would open up a window of opportunity for more power and future upgrades. hard to recomend the best bang for the buck without knowing what exactly u have and what you wan to do with it. is it a daily driver? is it a show car? going to hit the strip? just a cruiser?

-
Back