What size are the KH rotors

-

71Demon

Reaction score
What size are the KH rotors on the 71 A body cars? 11" or?

What size are the KH rotors on the 71 A body cars? 11" or?

The Kelsey - Hayes rotors were part of a disc brake package available from Chrysler for A bodies, from 1964 - 72. The rotor setup are a 2 piece design (rotor hat and disc) actually just under 11" in diameter, according to the factory service manual, in the 10.85 / 10.87" range.

Look on the Centric brake website or moparts for exact dimensions.

I'd like to try the Mustang GT rotors or the SSBC rotors for fit on the stock spindles. Sure would help to know if anyone has tried it before though. If anyone knows where the Mustang GT thread is please let me know too. I've been looking for it too. Thanks.

I met a member this weekend who put the SSBC brakes on his 67 Barracuda. It was a complete kit from the master cylinder to the pads, he said it was about $900. The calipers were the 4 piston KH and the rotors looked exactly like the Mustang rotors. If I remeber correctly, he did not change the spindles, but if he had to they were in the kit.
I do not know his screen name.

I tried the SSBC rotors on the disc brake spindles. They won't work without machine work in the bearing and grease seal area. Looked way to involved. I just bought the Wilwood kit at Summit for $685.00

The ssbc calipers for the mustang will fit a body mopars that is what i have on mine just need banjo brake lines. they have new calipers with ss pistons.
my rotors were able to be turned so i did not need new ones yet.

I tried the SSBC rotors on the disc brake spindles. They won't work without machine work in the bearing and grease seal area. Looked way to involved. I just bought the Wilwood kit at Summit for $685.00
I think the SSBC rotors fit drum brake spindles only.
The Wilwood kit on Summit states: Fits OE 10 in. drum brake spindles only.
It makes it difficult for those with original disc cars.

-
Back