What size is the torx head on my rear diff?

-
Reaction score
I will be removing the torx check plug to check the fluid in my 7.25 inch rear end. I see that the differential plug is a torx head. what size is it?

Thanks
!

I believe you will find that it is an 8 point socket that accepts a 3/8" or 1/2" square drive (i.e., your ratch handle).

I believe you will find that it is an 8 point socket that accepts a 3/8" or 1/2" square drive (i.e., your ratch handle).
Thanks there is so much crud down there I didnt even look that well! Thanks, one more thing, How do i pull off the pinion nut. I had the car on the ground and e-brake on but i could not get that nut off!

My 1 ton duallys pinion nut wouldnt come off so i wedged the ratchet against the suspension and the socket on the nut in the proper direction, then pulled it with my ramcharger lol :toothy10: not how i like to do things but worked...

Half inch breaker bar and a three foot cheater pipe if you don't have a big impact.

If you take that pinion nut off you will need a new crush sleeve and an in-lb torque wrench to set the preload when it goes back together. And if you think it is hard coming off tightening the nut enough to collapse the crush sleeve is going to take more torque.

-
Back