what size pickup and lines for a small block...

-

dodgethis12

Reaction score
Im replacing the entire fuel system in the 70 dart by necessity.....

my question is that I see that I can get a 5/16" or a 3/8" pickup in the tank. I can also order the lines in 5/16" or 3/8". Currently the car will be a mildly warmed 318 with plans of one day running a big block or a 408 stroker from a 360 magnum I have.

Should I order the 3/8" parts? Is the 5/16" stuff enough to keep up with more than a stock small block?

If I've got to buy it anyways.... I might as well only buy it once ya know. Thanks

Buy a 1/2 pickup and upgrade the rest of the line as well.Then you can go big block!

5/16 is just too damn small. You would be safe with 3/8. OR you could go with 1/2 I suppose...

the 1/2" stuff is kinda huge and expensive where as the 3/8 stuff is only a few bux more than the 5/16.

So the 3/8 will be fine on the 318, but would also be big enuff to handle a mild street big block? (the car will be a driver not a racer)

Ma only offered 2 sizes from the factory: 5/16" and 3/8" (even on the Hemi!) If you're gonna upgrade go with the 3/8". It'll be more than sufficient.

3/8 is more than fine,it takes some h.p. to need bigger,Ive run/seen some pretty serious engines on 3/8 and even had a couple 12 second cars with 5/16.

If you are replacing everything anyway….. Go with 3/8". 1/2" is only needed at extreme levels.

Ma only offered 2 sizes from the factory: 5/16" and 3/8" (even on the Hemi!) If you're gonna upgrade go with the 3/8". It'll be more than sufficient.

3/8 is more than fine,it takes some h.p. to need bigger,Ive run/seen some pretty serious engines on 3/8 and even had a couple 12 second cars with 5/16.

Now these guys are talkin sense. And there right and I agree. A 3/8 line will be able to feed alotta street power. A whole lotta street power.

-
Back