What strut rod bushings?

-

demonjohn

Reaction score
Hi,pretty new to all this,so sorry if sounds dumb,but can't figure this out.I believe my demon has a 73 up K frame,and i know LCA is the 67-72.So what strut rod,and what bushing is in this car.All the interchanging of parts and no known history can be confusing.

Thanks,John

73 and up K frame will have the spool motor mounts. If thats what you have then I would get strut rod bushings for a 73 and up A body.

Is there a difference in strut rods for that K frame ?

Yes it has the spool mounts,with hole through middle for sway bar.Have bought almost everthing new for front end and just want to get it all while it's apart.

Thanks again

Is the sway bar bracket that's welded to the lca located where the strut rod goes thru or is it moved inward a couple of inches from there?

If the tab is near the end by the ball joint, you have 72 and prior lower arms....... With a 73 spool mount x-member.

Best bet is to order both and match up to what you have: The diameter of the center hole is most important........Make sure the bushings slide/fit into the hole in the x-member and should be a snug fit.

73 and later Moog K7068

72 and earlier Moog K7040

Don't we love having to figure out what a prior owner has done....lol

-
Back