What stuff have you found in your cars from previous owners?

-
A police accident report in the trunk. Father took his kids to get ice cream, and one daughter was bad so she was made to sit in the car while everyone else got ice cream. Dad left keys in the car (now it's my car) and the bad daughter started it, put it in drive and floored it. It ran over the curb/island and hit the car parked on the other side. Then she put it in reverse and floored it again, but it was stuck and wouldn't move. I forget how much damage it said was caused to my car (though it was all fixed when I got it).

Here is a thread revival! I look everywhere possible when I get a car. Today I decided to have a look inside the dash through the glovebox hole as it was out. Low and behold.............gotta love modern technology! Likely wouldn't have found these without the pics.

IMG_6605.JPG
IMG_6606.JPG
IMG_6607.JPG

When I tore apart my 71 dart I found some Hells Angels stuff. A lighter ingraved with the logo and some match books with the logo, also a shovel in the trunk.....

I bet the car has some interesting stories with the size of the trunk.....

Kind of an interesting find. Found it under the battery.
How long do you think thats been there ?

IMG_20180527_094332342.jpg

My valiant came out of California so had the obligatory Simon and Garfunkel tape under the back seat amongst other things like coins. Found vintage 80s chips style sunglasses under seats of my porsche. Found documentation of previous owners under my vette and porsche seats .one of the first things I do when I get one of these cars is pull the seats .

I found a gas receipt from the previous owner of my car and looked him up on facebook. I found him and sent a friend request and message and so far no response at all. I'm hoping to find a build sheet and some history on my car but so far nothing.

A Shell California map dated 1966 under the back seat, it looked new.
Buy car, go top off gas, buy map, toss on back seat and never see again.

Alan

A large live Copperhead snake under the dash while I was reaching up to take the brake rod bolt off. I felt him before I saw him. Then Several babies all over the garage the next day when opening up. Todd and I got lucky on that tear down. Lucky it was late and we left for the evening.

Then just last week Jim was taking the tinted door glass out of this Dart. A unknown snake slithered out of the door over him and under the fence

DSCN0251.JPG

I found a Scheafer Ball Point with the name of a local promotional items company in the headliner of the 69 340 Swinger 4sp car that I am currently rebuilding. The owner happens to be a customer of mine so I called him. He said it was an early 70s Sheafer model that he remembered !
Pen has probably been there since early 70s ...so its most likely a local car.

I've never found anything but the average stuff like you mentioned. However, when I was a tech at the local Toyota dealer years ago, the clean up boys found 3 bricks of cocaine and about 175K dollars in the spare tire well of a trade in. The GBI was up our every orifice the remainder of that week.
That was the budget and the party favors for the 1978 Toyota Company Christmas party.....

From the number of condoms found I can conclude that a Mopar WILL get you laid !

I got a 68 383 4-speed Dart for free and the owner said that he didn’t get any paperwork from the previous owner for it. Once we got it home a friend of mine was going through the glove box and found all of the transfer paperwork signed by that previous owner so all that I had to do is fill in my information and register it.

From the number of condoms found I can conclude that a Mopar WILL get you laid !

The implication here is that they were USED condoms.....

Long story short my kid tried to give his running driving '01 Sebring to a salvage yard so I bought it for two hundred bucks. Found condoms in the ashtray. I'm glad he's being smart about it, not so glad that he's nineteen and she's sixteen.

Found a new, never installed 'Custom' badge in a '72 dart at the salvage yard last year

-
Back