What the Wife dragged home today.

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
1972 LH23 Dart Swinger, currently 7 cylinder 318:D, Newly rebuilt 904, all original inside except the radio, has split bench highbacks in real decent driver condition, all the glass is nice, all the chrome is there, very little rust AZ car, undercarriage nice and solid, real new tires.
She drove it home just a little while ago, and it runs like **** but no internal noises at all and no smoke. (nothing I can't handle)
Already has power disc brakes and LBP axles and hubs.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me, as she wants it to be her daily driver. :D

She won't let me tell you how much she got it for, but let's just say it was about half of what I thought it was worth being a drive it home right now 72. :D
It came up on Craigslist about two blocks from us, and I can't believe I have never seen it around before.

Attachments

• newbaby72.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 575
  • newbaby72a.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 579
  • newbaby72b.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 581
Outstanding & Congrats....Your wife is cool :thumbup:

LOL @ 7 cylinder 318

1972 LH23 Dart Swinger, currently 7 cylinder 318:D, Newly rebuilt 904, all original inside except the radio, has split bench highbacks in real decent driver condition, all the glass is nice, all the chrome is there, very little rust AZ car, undercarriage nice and solid, real new tires.
She drove it home just a little while ago, and it runs like **** but no internal noises at all and no smoke. (nothing I can't handle)
Already has power disc brakes and LBP axles and hubs.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me, as she wants it to be her daily driver. :D

She won't let me tell you how much she got it for, but let's just say it was about half of what I thought it was worth being a drive it home right now 72. :D
It came up on Craigslist about two blocks from us, and I can't believe I have never seen it around before.

I saw that one, very nice score!!

Jake

This is just too funny. I'm chuckling like a kid!! Tell your wife she's a keeper

Nice!!! Y'all are gonna have the nicest pair of DD's (daily drivers, not.... Never mind. Lol) in the area!!

What rear? end the Grille is Horrid.

Didn't even notice the rear end yet as it was getting dark. (it works :D)

I hear ya on the grill, and she is already starting to think what to do with it.
Paint it back close to original probably.

Thanks everybody.

A double win for Trailbeast!! Super cool wife picks up a super cool car. Congratulations, It will be a beauty when you finish building it.
Cheers---DR:prayer:

Nice find! I think maybe a new spark plug wire and a Trailbeast HEI kit will make it running on all eight:D

Nice find! I think maybe a new spark plug wire and a Trailbeast HEI kit will make it running on all eight:D

I don't know, as it's a dead miss and the guy said the shop he took it to said it had a bent pushrod on that cylinder as well as a broken valve spring, but you know how that stuff goes. (it's possible though)
Could be anything, but like I told the wife "If that's actually the case she shouldn't start it again until I can verify that".
We wouldn't want it eating a valve just because of that now would we? :D
Not when he already had the new factory pushrod and I have one of those spring compressors that you can do the spring without taking it all apart.
First I want to see what that lifter is doing, as it must still be in it's bore or the oil pressure would suffer and that bank would probably be noisy in the top end.

She has already asked about the HEI installation. :D
Thing is, it has all new electronic ignition in it except for the coil (it's still the original or something like it) so she will probably just have me put it away somewhere.

Priority one is that cylinder, and two is why it doesn't charge, but that's a breeze.
It's got some pretty crappy connections and grounds (real bad on the VR), but at least they put a new battery in it to try and see if that was the problem. :D
I like it when people throw parts at a car to try to fix something right before we end up with it.

Sweet ride she got.Good thing Cindy cant drive and we are some what poor,she would drag all mopars home, but her fav is a 55 Bel air.:glasses7:

-
Back