• Picture 301.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 276
  • Picture 302.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 273
  • Picture 304.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 271
  • Picture 305.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 282
I have wraped the foil from a cigarettie pack around a blown fuse and stuck it back in there. Just to get me home though.

Dang it I thought I was the only one that does that!

... LOL!

I can't use the penny trick on my car now.... it has late model blade fuses. I guess I'll have use the old paper clip method.

I have to say,thats the 1st I've ever seen or heard of someone doing that. I know 1st hand about the cig paper though,great get ya home fix.

I have to say,thats the 1st I've ever seen or heard of someone doing that. I know 1st hand about the cig paper though,great get ya home fix.

Old trick but if the fuse blows there is a problem that needs to be fixed. A meltdown is not pretty.

Hmmm, reminds me of Mythbusters using the .22 round.

So what's the problem?
Didn't they come from the factory like that?:toothy10:

Used to have a 76 Dodge pickemup that I bought from a "real pro:glasses9:" one fall. Every time I turned the heater on, would get this funny hot smell. That first winter, I was on my way to work one morning, and saw smoke from the corner of my eye. Looked in that direction just in time to see the heater fan switch burst into flames. Wasted a whole cup of coffee puttin that out. Wondering why the fuse hadn't blown, I looked in the fuse block for the first time and found 4 fuses replaced with 1/4 inch threaded rod.:angry7:

-
Back