What to do? 68 Cuda vert

-

pikewi

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Hello all. I am sort of in a conundrum. I picked up a 68 Cuda vert. about 1 1/2 yr. ago for a project. Pretty complete except for motor. I have since picked up a /6 which was in good shape til it tipped over while on the engine stand.(don't ask) Anyhoo, I lost my job a while back and have no money to finish. The car is currently completely dissasembled and I just put in the new driver side floor plan. Most parts are OK and tagged and bagged. My question is, being that I can't finish it, would I be better off parting it out or trying to find an "as is" buyer? I really don't want to get rid of it but the employment around here sucks and my age isn't an advantage.
Thanks- Pike the frustrated

You can post up pictures of the car if your trying to sell/get a feel for the market. You can also just put the project on hold till it changes around

Try to stick to it as long as possible. You might find some cheap parts here on FABO every now and then and buy when you have the money. Where in us do you live? Is it possible to get a part time job? Or what ever. Since you are in cqrs you might try out some shops who need help. Anyway good luck with your car what ever way you chose.

Cars that are disassembled are usually harder to sell than a assembled one. Market still is a bit sluggish as a lot of people are still out of work or underemployed. As far as maxing out what you can get it's always better to sell parts. Good luck and hang in there I hope things get better.

I wish you all the best luck on your job search, Pikewi. Well, first do you actually need the money from this project car right now that bad? Is it stored in a secure and free place, where you could actually just "put it on ice" for the time being to see how the employment problem plays out? And then you have to ask yourself (I don't know how much $$ you've got in it up to now) are you ready and willing to lose bucks on this thing by selling it in this condition?

Actually, since you're not employed right now you could actually do quite a bit of reassembly and resto work yourself on it, by reading up on bodywork etc. There's so much cleaning and sanding/polishing/painting of parts in a resto project, you could really sweeten up the deal to get as much as possible for it. Stay motivated!

-
Back