what to do in Knoxville,TN

-

76orangewagon

Reaction score
Well as the title says, I just got to Knoxville, TN (Mcghee-Tyson) for the next 6 weeks (till Oct 24) and was wondering if there are any upcoming car events in the local area. Thanks

Go to neyland stadium for a Vols game. One of the biggest college stadiums with a capacity of about 105,000 seats.

Make friends with somebody who has a boat and cruise the river. Try to go to Lake Telico and see all the massive homes. Lots of celebrities have houses on that lake.

Lots of good fishing to do

Plenty of bars to drink at

Music City Mopar Show in Lebanon on Sept 22. A little bit of a drive but its right off of I 40

Go to neyland stadium for a Vols game. One of the biggest college stadiums with a capacity of about 105,000 seats.

Make friends with somebody who has a boat and cruise the river. Try to go to Lake Telico and see all the massive homes. Lots of celebrities have houses on that lake.

Lots of good fishing to do

Plenty of bars to drink at

Actually I heard today that the Vols are playing Akron this coming weekend...and wouldn't you know it I'm from Akron, I don't think it would be very wise to go and cheer for my Zips (Akron)...be kind of like Custard at Little Big Horn.

get a ride to crossville and you can go with me iam taking 3 cars down to lebanon sat

Mike,
I'm the guy who bought the restored Sharktooth grille off you that BE & A did several months ago and shot the poop with you for a while at the Nats...just so ya know.

LOTS of car stuff around there. Pigeon Forge has a rod run every few weeks it seems like. There are some PREMIUM roads to travel. Google Tail of the Dragon & Cherahala Skyway. If you get tired of that you're pretty close to the Smoky Mountain Nation Park. Lots to see and most of it is just about the right length for a day trip.

Mike,
I'm the guy who bought the restored Sharktooth grille off you that BE & A did several months ago and shot the poop with you for a while at the Nats...just so ya know.

yea i talk to you dad at the norwalk show he said you was leaving sat at 6.30 i think i was riding around in the red car and he saw me and we stop and talk a few

get a ride to crossville and you can go with me iam taking 3 cars down to lebanon sat
I'll be there saturday sometime.not with a car just to look as I'm only 45 mins away.What cars you taking I may see you there.

OP google carshows in pigeon forge.They have one every couple weeks or so and I think there is two during your stay.One is at dollywood.You just missed the big one last weekend.

yea i talk to you dad at the norwalk show he said you was leaving sat at 6.30 i think i was riding around in the red car and he saw me and we stop and talk a few

Yea I know he was going to go with his buddy, I really wanted to attend since it's only 75 miles away. How far are you from the Mcghee-Tyson airport ?

As mentioned above, Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum. Neat guy to talk to.Lots of history. Dollywood is not to far away.

-
Back