What to do with a junk 400 block??? (Creativity is a +)

-

drtybttr

Reaction score
I was tempted to make this a poll question but thought this could make for a better discussion. I have a grenaded 400 that is beyond salvage. I'm talking massive carnage, rods broken in half, bottoms of pistons jammed against the cam, parts of counter weights gone, ect. I'm wonding what you guys think I should do with it? Scrap it, use it for target practice, make a coffee table, mail box stand? Lets hear your ideas!!! I don't care how mild or wild they are!

Make it into a coffee table.

Used to have a 340 block coffee table I used in my basement.

Just degreased it and painted it gloss black

Glued a peice of black glass tile to one end

When I sold the house with the basement I retired it back to being an extra block,

looked great sitting next to the basement couch's in the tv room with just a clean

concrete floor that I could get the hose out wash the dust down the floor drain

I was tempted to make this a poll question but thought this could make for a better discussion. I have a grenaded 400 that is beyond salvage. I'm talking massive carnage, rods broken in half, bottoms of pistons jammed against the cam, parts of counter weights gone, ect. I'm wonding what you guys think I should do with it? Scrap it, use it for target practice, make a coffee table, mail box stand? Lets hear your ideas!!! I don't care how mild or wild they are!

a boat anchor

Wine bottle rack is the obvious solution. A number of years ago I saw a member of John Forces crew with a fuel burning v-twin bike. Engine was fabricated from some of Johns carnage. Band sawed the two end cylinders off & went from there. Pass the wine Elvis. Thank you. Thank you very much.

Coffee table is my vote. Any pistons not shattered are the leg pad and the con rods legs.
Clean and paint, add glass top or lexan top. Add coasters and serve coffee. Throw a book or two on top a d your done.

Use it to make a mock up 400 block... ever wish you had a fiberglass/foam mock engine. brush it down with axle lube and do one side at a time using fiberglass then let dry, remove the glass mold from the 2 sides (front and drivers side and rear and passenger side) 2 piece...
The inside will be a perfect mold to poor a cast inside of.
Have you ever priced a plastic/foam moc up 400 c.i. block :coffee2:

counter weight for a catapult :D Put in in a near by pond and catch fish around it :laughing: Dig a hole and plant a tree next to it and watch how well
the tree will grow with the added Iron :happy1:

Put it on ebay.
I bet some visionary artist will snap it up for big bucks.
Then a rich Prius loving yuppie will buy it off of them to display in their million dollar mansion.

Put some old heads, intake, carb n air cleaner on it, cut out the timing chain area, put hinges in the chain cover, put the whole thing on an engine stand, weld anchors to the bottom of the stand and and concrete it into the ground and bingo! Most indestructible mailbox ever!!

I took an old cracked block off a Renault 4CV cleaned it up, painted ie, ran a couple led lights to each cylinder then put a sheet of plexi glass on top of it and sold it as a coffie table for $750 at a swap meet.

Most indestructible mailbox ever!!

I'm tryin to visualize the hoodlums connecting with THAT using their baseball bats!!

a_smashbox.jpg

I'm tryin to visualize the hoodlums connecting with THAT using their baseball bats!!

a_smashbox.jpg

That'd send some major vibrations up the arms! Lol!

Might wanna set it off the road 2-3 feet tho, if a car would hit that it'd bout be sure to total it!

yard art :laughing:

Attachments

• CIMG1425.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 217
  • CIMG1424.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 221
8-flavor herb garden or wine rack are my vote. No need for a boat anchor; plenty of Chevy 350's for that.

-
Back