What to do with intake and valve covers...

-

70dusterpink

Reaction score
I just picked up a running 69 340 for cheap... It has a torker intake and a set of aluminum m/t valve covers... They are really really dirty even after bead blasting them.... So what should I do? Paint the valve covers and intake red or maybe intake red n covers black? I'm stuck haha.

I would paint the intake engine color and spary wrinkle black on the covers, then clean the paint off of the fins 8)

Here's mine with the before and after pictures of the 360 with paint on the intake.

2011-04-02124509.jpg

2011-04-02124432.jpg

2010-10-02164126.jpg

Send them to Leanna, the 'Mistress of Metal', and let her wave her magic powdercoat wand over them.

Magic wand LOL ................. :-D Yeah Ken, sometimes I'd have to agree with that one. As PettyBlueDart said once, "Are those valve covers really MINE?" :-D

Thanks for the props my friend!

And 70dusterpink, it would be an honor to add you to my long list of happy FABO customers too. Members receive a 10% discount across the board and Gold Members save 20%. Feel free to give me a call or shoot me some good pictures of your parts if you'd like a quote. Work samples -- with lots of M/Ts and intakes -- are in my website Gallery and a "few" more customers' comments like ocdart's up there are on the PSC Feedback page. I've got a bunch of new stuff / comments to add to the site but haven't been able to devote much time to updates lately.

I look forward to working with you.

How long do you think the high temp mopar red engine paint will last on the intake? I ask bc I really wanted Leanne to do my intake but I wasn't sure if she could get the exact same color red as the rest of my engine.

Before/after by CudaChick/Leanna

Attachments

• vc1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 108
  • vc8.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 111
Damn... I junped head first in... I did semi glosss black with the paint sanded off the fins... And painted the intake engine color....

-
Back