What to do...

Which option

• 1 (slant 6)

Votes: 42 30.4%
  • 2 (V8)

Votes: 96 69.6%

• Total voters
-
get like me, do a 360 stroker motor :).. You will spend the same amount building a motor either way, so why not replace with a little bit of displacement and get some bang for your buck. :)

get like me, do a 360 stroker motor :).. You will spend the same amount building a motor either way, so why not replace with a little bit of displacement and get some bang for your buck. :)

Well 318's are much easier to find around here. Plus i am midway in a deal for one.

slant6 is an oddity that with the right upgrades can be the talk of any show. They look unique, are great on gas, and can be made to perform , and are bullet proof little engines i like leaving the 6 , this is a pix of my old 68 i recently sold would you beleive it has a chromed out slant 6 under the hood
View attachment i7406.jpg

slant6 is an oddity that with the right upgrades can be the talk of any show. They look unique, are great on gas, and can be made to perform , and are bullet proof little engines i like leaving the 6 , this is a pix of my old 68 i recently sold would you beleive it has a chromed out slant 6 under the hood
View attachment 204051
Thank you! I was just about to start preaching about cookie cutter V8's. Whatever you do '70-Challenger, don't put a small block Chevy in it. Then you really would have a cookie cutter V8!

You get the idea....

Attachments

• christmas 10 051 (Small).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 102
  • christmas 10 052 (Small).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 89
The same story as always= How much do you want to spend?? I have had and done them all from 170 to 472 cubic inches and had a love/hate relationship with them all.
Take a 225 and throw about $2,000 at it and you may get it to run mid to high 15's depending on what car you are putting it in.
Take a 318/360 and throw about $1200 at it and run low 15's to mid 14's again depending on the body.
Now you can go with used parts/do barter/swap and do better.
There is nothing like the feeling when some one comes over to you after you chase a group of cars(Hot Rod Power Tour) at 115 mph+ and you hang on to the back bumper of a Chevy or a Ford (or another Mopar for that matter) and they ask you to open the hood of your Dart and find a Slant 6. The guy in the Chevy just said "Please don't tell anyone,I tried my best to shake you damn it"........Priceless
It would have felt good if it had a 318 too but I don't think he would have been as embarrassed.
So price it out and see the best way to roll. Have fun and good luck !!

I voted for the most obvious. Yet a Slant 6 under boost would be interesting.
:read2:

Heck yeah, 100 bucks for a used turbo, 100 for misc. tubing and welding, and a carb hat. strong 318 performance and 23 MPG. Look at allpar.com and turbo 6. might do it myself. Cheap. like this example:

IMAGE003.jpg

These cars looked like they were designed for a turbo installation.

RB! coarse this will necessitate better suspension, brakes, and drive train but nothing beats a 440 in a light weight A body!

No you won't

I then swapped in a 360 in 05. I have 38K on the 360 now and my only regret is I didn't do it sooner.

EngineIn2.jpg

I gave up about 1.5 mpg; 19ish around town with the \6 to 17.5 with the 360 and one mpg on the hiway 21-22 with the 360. BUT, I gained about 180 HP from ~190 to ~370.

What trans are you running? I could deal with a 4-spd, stock 318 and 22 mpg!

Btw: b-e-a-utiful car!

Heck yeah, 100 bucks for a used turbo, 100 for misc. tubing and welding, and a carb hat. strong 318 performance and 23 MPG. Look at allpar.com and turbo 6. might do it myself. Cheap. like this example:

IMAGE003.jpg

These cars looked like they were designed for a turbo installation.

YES! The slant cars especially..

so much room under the hood it's friggin easy. I plan on making about 500-550 hp on my 451 alone and who knows how much with a turbo! Should make for a super streetable hotrod that can still run hard.

What trans are you running? I could deal with a 4-spd, stock 318 and 22 mpg!

Btw: b-e-a-utiful car!

I have the same A833OD behind the 360 as I had behind the \6. The car orignally had a 7.25 rear end with 3.23 gears. I swapped an 8.25 with 3.55 gears in while the \6 was still in the car and the 360 has the same 3.55 gears.

Shafer, that is a beautiful engine. The car is nice too. I believe I've found yet another mopar that has inspired me in some way or another.

i voted for a SB, i went that route and purchased a 360 =p. it aint in yet but trust me a well built small block in these cars, itll b a little rocket!

Make a budget list and see how much it all cost first.

-
Back