What to tell the exhaust shop.

-
Get creative! I ran pretty much the same concept that Doug did with his duals ran very well easy to work around and install. I put clifford headers on it now. There cool, but I’ll probably pull them off it’s too damn tight and a ***** to get around the clutch linkage with my early abody four speed.

6E2085B0-6CF8-4B78-AE75-8AD0B0EE2EA3.jpeg

As far a wrapping the headers, that is up to you.I myself never did and this is just my thought... Slants are cold blooded and the intake manifold needs heat to atomize the fuel.Cold the fuel tends to puddle in the intake. When I was running the 4bbl intake/header combo it (The slant ) didn't like ambient temps below 75*. the engine need to be up to temp or it would stumble during acceleration.Again just my 2 cents
Are your headers coated ? It would be a shame to cover such pretty pipes !View attachment 1715520215

Love this. Can you share the Edelbrock carb number and the summit starter number? May be something I do down the road. Right now I have other priorities with the car.

Thanks for the info. I talked to TTI and decided to go with their system. This is a 2.5 inch manifold back with muffler. Pretty sure they use the dynomax turbo. About $600 shipped and should bolt up pretty easy. Always had good fitment with anything from TTI, and much cheaper than the 2.25 inch Accurate LTD system. Part number TTI A25S6WM6366 at Hughes Engines if anyone needs something down the road. I couldn't find a single pipe slant six set up on the TTI site.
Yup- I’ve got this on mine, fits great! Just know it’s loud!

Carb is a Edelbrock 600 1406. Starter is Summit SUM-820337
Any Mopar starter from the late 80's up is the same. 5.2 (318) 2000 Dodge Dakota will work.
As far as a carb I prefer a 500 Edelbrock 1403 for a slant but that is what I had at the time.

On the starter I'd use an application earlier in the 90s
There are 3 different starters since the Mimi came out, differences have to do with how the solenoid wire attaches. 99-01 will work but have a GM style weather pak snap in connector and you'd have to get the pigtail for it and splice it in for a starter from those years to work.
My 89 diplomat came with a mini from the factory, had to destroy it with a sledgehammer to get it out so I could change the trans. It had corroded in so badly that it had grown into the trans.

On the starter I'd use an application earlier in the 90s
There are 3 different starters since the Mimi came out, differences have to do with how the solenoid wire attaches. 99-01 will work but have a GM style weather pak snap in connector and you'd have to get the pigtail for it and splice it in for a starter from those years to work.
My 89 diplomat came with a mini from the factory, had to destroy it with a sledgehammer to get it out so I could change the trans. It had corroded in so badly that it had grown into the trans.

So in the example above, a starter from an early 90's Dakota would work well? Mine still starts, but at 58 years old it's probably struggling. It appears to be original. I may want to check the mopar number on it before I got changing it though.

On the exhaust for my truck I did mine all myself. Ever see one of those kits from summit, jets etc with all the bends you weld together yourself? I did a similar thing. I went to the local exhaust shop and raided the dumpster, found some newer stainless 2-1/4 pipe with nice mandrel bends in there, looks like they took exhaust off of something really new and put something custom in its place. Took it home and welded it up myself. I still gotta finish it, want a different muffler and still have no tailpipe yet, just had to put something on so I don't get the cops called for now while I work on it in my garage and driveway/ but it doesn't look too bad, certainly don't look cobbled at all. Total cost so far for material $0, just a little time and MIG wire.

Carb is a Edelbrock 600 1406. Starter is Summit SUM-820337
Any Mopar starter from the late 80's up is the same. 5.2 (318) 2000 Dodge Dakota will work.
As far as a carb I prefer a 500 Edelbrock 1403 for a slant but that is what I had at the time.

Pardon my ingnorace on the slant 6, this is the first one I've owned. Would any modifications need done to the intake or throttle linkage to bolt up a 1403 Edelbrock? Thanks!

You will have to find a aftermarket intake with a 4 bbl flange. None of this is without substantial cost.
If the photo of the Dart in your avatar is what your are working on,it has mechanical linkage and will have to be changed over to a cable type. 1964-66 V8 A bodies have the cable and pedal set. Or you can go aftermarket.If you are handy you can do a floater pedal 67-up A or B body. Last 64 Dart I had I used a 65 B Body set up and had to drill new holes to mount the pedal and firewall bracket.

You will have to find a aftermarket intake with a 4 bbl flange. None of this is without substantial cost.
If the photo of the Dart in your avatar is what your are working on,it has mechanical linkage and will have to be changed over to a cable type. 1964-66 V8 A bodies have the cable and pedal set. Or you can go aftermarket.If you are handy you can do a floater pedal 67-up A or B body. Last 64 Dart I had I used a 65 B Body set up and had to drill new holes to mount the pedal and firewall bracket.

Thanks for the info. At least I can do the starter! Yes the 63 you see is what I'm working with. What upgrades can be done with the original intake in place? I'm assuming a two barrel carb. And exhaust which I'm already doing.

Factory your 63 will have a one barrel.You can make (or maybe find ) a one barrel to 2 barrel adapter.Not the best option. Or, Chrysler did make what was called a Super Six 225 that was a factory 2 barrel. You may want to place a wanted post here. Someone may have one.Last one I had I sold for $50 it was cast iron. I would say expect to pay that or $100 or more.Parts prices just keep on going up.

-
Back