What trim option is this?

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen these rocker covers on any other Barracudas......I assume they're a factory option?

I like them. I looked on Google at Barracuda pictures and didn't see them...

:burnout:

Attachments

• 20150530_181233.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 20150530_181211.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 20150530_181248.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 160
Don't know the code, but its 68 barracuda only and commonly referred to as "gills and spears" Pricy and hard to find!

Wow.....trippy stuff!
"Gills & Spears" huh?!!!!! Thanks!

Mine are in really pretty good shape.......
I just keep learning more and more about this car!

Awesome stuff - thanks again! !!!!!

I think they may have been spring order only... correct me if I am wrong.I looked a long time for them but come up with nothing. I ended up making 70 style rocker gills work.

Very cool. Also love the slot wheels.

I think they may have been spring order only... correct me if I am wrong.I looked a long time for them but come up with nothing. I ended up making 70 style rocker gills work.

Very cool. Also love the slot wheels.

Those 14" slotted wheels will be for sale soon....
I'm going with 15" X 8" ralleys.........

What do you mean spring order ?

RK may have meant "Spring Special"...I think that was an option in 68 and part of that included the plastic on the grille chromed...and part on the trunk lid painted red.

I stand corrected...I did a little digging and looks like its called Sport Special. A couple pics of the codes

Attachments

• 68 barracuda sports special.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 68 cuda sport special.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 125
Sport special!

Awesome. ...I have a SS Barracuda. ....lol

Seriously interesting though.....
I'm going to look for my build sheet soon!

Sport special!

Awesome. ...I have a SS Barracuda. ....lol

Seriously interesting though.....
I'm going to look for my build sheet soon!

Cool! I always liked the looks of the chromed grill. I tried finding pics on the net but couldn't find any.

Cool! I always liked the looks of the chromed grill. I tried finding pics on the net but couldn't find any.

I'll post up some pics of the grill tomorrow when it's light out.....a lot of the chrome is there.....a lot is gone. ......

Where should I look for my build sheet? ?

You could also get those as an option. Your fender tag would have a 9 under the 1.

Craig

Very true. The rocker gill moldings were available as a stand alone option or included on only BS23 coupe's with Sport Special packages.

Fastbacks and Convertibles with Sport Special package did not include the rocker molding.

And the area under the spear is supposed to be painted argent silver.

attachment.php

I'll post up some pics of the grill tomorrow when it's light out.....a lot of the chrome is there.....a lot is gone. ......

Where should I look for my build sheet? ?

buildsheet could be in any number of spots....under seats between springs, also above glove box liner, under package tray.

most common areas for the 67-9 barracuda's for the build sheet is under the back seat bottom or under the passenger bucket seat bottom.
They will be very fragile so be careful removing them. It helps to have another to help pull the seat springs away while the other works it out.

-
Back