what type exhaust to use on a 65 cuda commando?

-

jdhasa65cuda

Reaction score
I have a 65 cuda with a commando engine, has a junk exhaust, wanting some tips / advice on a new system. Have a trans. crossmember with places for two pipes to pass, to replace stock that has only one. Should i stay with single or use duals? Any help would be appreicated... J.D.

Welcome to FABO!

I guess it depends on what you are going for. If you want original, single, with the wonderful sounding, high buck resonator would be in order.

Back in the day, I put duals on mine, and I put duals on the recent 65 resto-mod I did for my Dad.

Of course, TTI is the best stuff, that is what I have on my 68.

on my 64 dart I went with the Hipo exhaust system. I got everything from Accurate ltd. I ended up using a Flowmaster instead of a turbo muffler. Has a great sound at idle and not loud.

on my 64 dart I went with the Hipo exhaust system. I got everything from Accurate ltd. I ended up using a Flowmaster instead of a turbo muffler. Has a great sound at idle and not loud.

I enjoyed my dealings with Accurate, good people. I bought the 2 1/2 inch stainless tips from them. They made very sure that I knew they were stainless and not chrome. That impressed the heck out of me.

Welcome to FABO!

I guess it depends on what you are going for. If you want original, single, with the wonderful sounding, high buck resonator would be in order.

Back in the day, I put duals on mine, and I put duals on the recent 65 resto-mod I did for my Dad.

Of course, TTI is the best stuff, that is what I have on my 68.

I am looking to get the best performance out of the stock commando engine. I have read on a exhaust parts suppliers web site that the stock hi-po exhaust, gives better performance to that engine than a dual system..J.D.

-
Back