What type of gasket are these?

-

67cuda360

Reaction score
My 67 barracuda doesn't have any front/back window trim, are the gaskets in the photo the original (one year only) style or the type that would allow the 68 - 69 trim? Anyone know where I could buy a set for my front and rear window, and are they easy to install?

Attachments

• window-trim.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 182
I've got a '67 as well, and I couldn't tell you for the life of me, if that is a '67 gasket or a '68/'69 gasket. Sorry....hopefully others in the know will chime in soon....

Yes you have a 67 gasket. Those black strips running down the center of the gasket are generic lockstrips. Originally they were made of plastic/vinyl and looked like chrome so they'd look like real strainless steel trim from afar. You need the lockstrip in there to keep the gasket sealed against the car to prevent water leaks.

I have this ad booked because I'll be buying new gaskets and lockstrips at some point in the future for my 67 fastback. I don't know anyone who has used this lockstrip but the guy has 100% positive feedback and the bottom of the lockstrip that he shows in the picture looks much more factory than the "round" bottoms you see on generic lockstrip. There is a tool that windshield guys use that splits the windshield gasket channel apart and then they feed the lockstrip through the tool and it slides right into the gasket channel. If you get this stuff you'll have to remove the black lockstrip, install this chrome looking stuff and then buy yourself some stainless corners. The price range on the corners varies wildly since there aren't a ton still around.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-68-69-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

PR-D690B...1967 A-Body 2 dr Hardtop (Cuda / Dart)...Front Windshield Weatherstrip...$192.00

DU-WGS2357...1967 Barracuda - Fastback...Rear Window Weatherstrip...$219.00

DU-WGS0518...1967 Barracuda – Notchback (coupe)...Rear Window Weatherstrip...$209.00

IN-67WR...1967 A-Body windshield lockstrips. (4 piece kit) (may have minor surface scratches since it is NOS stock)...$269 set

IN-FB5...1967 Barracuda fastback 3-piece rear window lockstrip set. The stainless-steel end caps are not available yet...$269 set

IN-RNB1...1967 Barracuda coupe 3-piece rear window lockstrip set. The stainless-steel end caps are not available yet (may have minor surface scratches since it is NOS stock)...$249 set

RS-67RMCS...1967 Barracuda / Valiant / Dart - Revell Mldg Clip Set of (4), FRONT WINDSHIELD ONLY...$68 set

Hmmmm, darn
Thanks for the great write up, i'll keep my eyes open on ebay. It's something I would like to fix at some point but at least now i know what i'm dealing with lol.

-
Back