What type of oil

-

64drtGt

Slant Six Lunatic
Reaction score
I know this has been beaten to death but I just wanted yalls opinions not on brand or weight just on type.

I am a castrol person been running it in my family for as long as I can remember. So out of their oils available what do you guys think I should run.

Motor is a 93 magnum with around 100k miles looks great inside, it has a reground factory cam .512/.522 lift, ect..

Should I just run?

Castrol GTX Conventional Oil
Castrol Edge with Titanium Technology Full Synthetic

Castrol Edge with Syntec Technology

Castrol GTX High Mileage Oil

Castrol Synthetic Blend Oil

i think synthetic is too much cost for too little gain, if any.

just use conventional high mileage.

Hell even walmart supertech brand will be fine. 'swat i use in everything. lol

wix filter, cheap oil, frequent changes ull be fine.

Oil is oil is oil. 3 companies make all the oil. outside of specialty, all the same. Gibbs, etc, have zinc still.

It's a roller cam,don't worry about synthetic or Zinc/zddp. I would break it in,with the Castrol GTX,+ a 16 ounce tube of Lucas break in cam lube.Would change after 30-60 minutes run in time. Change the oil /filter,put in your favorite GTX sauce.Done.

Just rock the GTX if that's what you've run forever. No problem with that. Heck, that motor probably ran on conventional oil for the 100k miles before you, it's not going to be a problem now. One thing I noticed with mine though, with 10w-30 the hot idle oil pressure was a little low so I moved to a 10w-40 and the low oil pressure problem was solved.

Just for the record though, I run Rotella T6 in it now.

-
Back