What type of shocks for Racing?

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I just finished a minitub and spring reloc. on my 66 Dart and need new shocks.I have new XHD leaf springs with the 8 3/4 s.g.I,ll be running a 408 s.b in the 500hp range.Whats a good shock for racing?I,ve already got 3-way Comp Engineering shocks on my other car and would like to try something different.What type do you race with?What advantages?

I run a set of 90/10 Carrera on the front of my Cuda and a set of KYB gas shocks on the rear (50/50) and it works well for me

i plan to get the qa-1 stocker stars thats adjustable i have 02/03 ss springs..now i have the comp 3 way on the front and mp long drag on the back the car 60' is in the 1.67 range....you get 12 setting on the qa-1s ....they are kinda exp. but you can rebuild them so buy once...( i wish i had took this advice myself before on alot of things)

Is it a race-only car? I've heard that race-only shocks can wear out fast on the street. (Or in/on a trailer, if not supported). That can be an expensive exercise. I'll be putting a ladder bar set-up in my Duster, which will be a limited use street/strip car, and I'm facing the problem of what will last and work.

yes they are they fit just like the stock shocks....part # is tc1598p i think ..cant remem. the other part # but you can look at jegs are summit...google qa-1 stocker stars...as said they are reb. and dont have to keep buying shocks ...i plan to upgrade to them my car is street strip as well ....

I run the Summit brand drag shocks on my duster couldn't be happier with them 60's in the low 1.40's with wheels up..

I've had rather great success with QA1's on my amx. I didnt spring for the double adjustables but wish I would have on the rears.

Just remember to put a drop of oil on the shafts a couple times a year...As per the instructions that came with the shocks.

hay stroked what your set up seems to be working for you....

I use Competition Engineering adjustable for the track and street. Runs 12.01@112 on street tires and with the mufflers on. Works pretty good.

carlisle Scamp2.JPG

DSCN1484.JPG

I have Comp Engineering on my 73 D.Sport,I,d like to try the qa-1,s for the 66 Dart.It,s gonna have alittle more punch!

my car is just SS springs on slicks.

Ive tried MP drag shocks , CE 3 -way , and now 00' ram truck shocks.

No change at all in ET or 60'.

best 60 is 1.44

your results will vary ..... 8)

and by the way--ive driven all kinds of shocks/ "race cars" on the street"......... no difference. DRIVE IT>

It aint no f@#$% N Cadilac .

-
Back