what unusual gift did you receive this year.

-

64 AAR Valiant

ODD DUCK
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I received the usual things. Simpson stuff, I have an room full of it. Seems like the more I ask for no more the more I get. LOL

Lots of warm soft clothes, Simpson stuff did I mention that.

The unusual one this year is a jar of bacon jam/ Bacon Spread. A pound of spreadable Bacon in a jar. Oh and Simpson stuff if I forgot to mention that.

One of these days you're gonna have to give me a tour of the room with all the Simpson's stuff, Ray.

Nothing unusual on this end, hate to say. I usually get that one gag gift from Pop or my older sister (one year Pop gave me a Pole Dancer alarm clock...) but it was good day.

Wanna know what i got for Christmas this year, 2014.
I think i got everyone beat in the "presents" department, this year.
I got radiation Iodine-125 seed implants, inserted in me, for this cancer problem of mine, that the doctors at the UC Davis (Sacramento) Medical Center are treating me for, to continue keeping me alive.
So i gotta thank all the doctors , nurses, support staff, at this hospital, and at the Mather, and Travis VA Hospitals, doing their jobs for this old Air Force veteran to be on top of planet earth, instead of in it.
Jim V.

I got radiation Iodine-125 seed implants, inserted in me, for this cancer problem of mine, that the doctors at the UC Davis (Sacramento) Medical Center are treating me for, to continue keeping me alive.
So i gotta thank all the doctors , nurses, support staff, at this hospital, and at the Mather, and Travis VA Hospitals, doing their jobs for this old Air Force veteran to be on top of planet earth, instead of in it.
Jim V.

Jim prayers sent for a full recovery, keep us posted please.

One of these days you're gonna have to give me a tour of the room with all the Simpson's stuff, Ray.

Nothing unusual on this end, hate to say. I usually get that one gag gift from Pop or my older sister (one year Pop gave me a Pole Dancer alarm clock...) but it was good day.

Robert you and the family are welcome anytime. I will have to post some pics.
I have so much I honestly can't display it all. Up in the attic is a life size movie theater prop from their movie, of the sofa with all the family.

The bacon spread is tasty stuff.

Jim V.

I think that you got the best gift.... the gift of life. Every day is a gift, and I wish you all the best on your road to recovery!

As usual I got the standard gift cards to Harbor Freight, Sears,and Menards for $50 each. Also got 7 airbrushes ( no typo 7 of them) and the weirdest gift of all.... beer coolers. As the pictures below show they weren't the usual coolers. And I don't drink!!! According to instructions you place the whole stand with the 2 stainless rods in the freezer for 45 minutes then stick them in your beer bottle and drink your beer thru them. They look more like some kind of sex toy than beer coolers LOL. Since I already have sex :sign12: I guess I am gonna have to take up drinking :puker:

Attachments

• mini-PC260007.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 276
  • mini-PC260008.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 286
As usual I got the standard gift cards to Harbor Freight, Sears,and Menards for $50 each. Also got 7 airbrushes ( no typo 7 of them) and the weirdest gift of all.... beer coolers. As the pictures below show they weren't the usual coolers. And I don't drink!!! According to instructions you place the whole stand with the 2 stainless rods in the freezer for 45 minutes then stick them in your beer bottle and drink your beer thru them. They look more like some kind of sex toy than beer coolers LOL. Since I already have sex :sign12: I guess I am gonna have to take up drinking :puker:

Interesting.....( good to see you posting again...)

Jim V.

That's great news , 71x. Nice to see the nation, actually take care of a service man. Thanks for your service , sir.

That's great news , 71x. Nice to see the nation, actually take care of a service man. Thanks for your service , sir.

They are.
I have no complaints at all in the way that they are taking care of me.
Not like what has been in the national news, during the past year about the VA medical system.
I'm going through a pretty specialized treatment that the area VA hospitals don't perform, so they kicked me over to a civilian hospital that are top notch, in the medical world for health care.
I'm doing well, but the treatment takes months to run it's course.
Thank's for everyones thoughts and concerns.
Appreciate it very much.
Jim Valuckas
hemi71x

I got a book on AWB Mopar my late dad got when he visted Pete Haldiman a couple years ago. Also got a 1:16 clear 73 Petty Charger opened box plastic model my brother found.

Attachments

• IMG-20141225-03371.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 263
I got the best Christmas present of all! My Son who is serving in the Air Force in Alaska surprised me Christmas morning!!

A bottle of my sister's homemade ginger beer. Sadly not sealed well so most of it leaked onto the carpet by the Christmas tree.:banghead:

Bacon...prepped, smoked & sliced by a friend. By far the best bacon I have ever had. Even better is Ed will be giving me his recipe for bacon....as well as the one for true Canadian bacon for me to try once I get up and running with my smoker set up. Might be a short while as I need to save up the $$ for a good slicer.

Jim V.

Just read this to my loving wife Ernestina. Erie has been quilting for a couple of years now. She would feel honored if you would allow her to make you a lap quilt. So please let us know what your favorite colors are so she can start looking for fabrics. It may take her a while to complete it as she has a dozen or so projects going already but this is what she loves to do...and it would make her feel very special knowing she has provided some warmth for a very deserving Veteran.

Wow, inkjunkie i don't know what to say.
I'm greatfull for that thought.
Never thought of a "favorite" color before, but when i owned the 71 Hemi GTX car, it's purple, and white, so i would hafta think they could be a favorite of mine.

But then let me give a big puplic, internet thank you to the doctors at UC Davis that have the training, skill, education, knowledge, in doing what they do for their profession.

Without them i would certainly be up the creek without a paddle.

Many thank's to doctors:
Dr. Clayton Hess
Dr. Richard Valicenti.

hemi71x
Jim Valuckas

Guessing you are talking "plum crazy" sort of purple? She will start the hunt for fabrics...

A snow shovel and was told to do the walk..... all good, I bought her a frying pan and told her to have breakfast ready when I was done... LMAO

*Drinking is a must! lol..

-
Back