What was he thinking??

-
If you are using bullets with a steel core or tracer/ incendiary rounds it is very possible. I have seen it done before, just at very long ranged where it is safe.

Yup it does work. The tank should be pretty well empty though for it to work. That is how we dispose of our out dated tanks. Set them out at 300 yards and see who gets it first. Jacketed bullets work best.

Jack

I saw the title of this thread, and fully expected to see a pic of my ugly car in the first post!

i shot a full one, the regular size bbq ones, with a fmj 50 bmg round from a few hundred yards. only thing we got was a plume of moisture out of it. did not even fall over. i also shot a small camper style stove one with a fmj 223 round. hit the bottom edge of it. it was also full. thing took off to the opposite side i hit it on, went up about 150 feet and flew over a 100 yards before it landed. took the valve off of another one with a 338 win mag. that one went up in flames, but i think it was from when the bullet hit the backstop....good times.....

About 30 years ago, a bud bought a 7mm magnum, so some go out in the woods for sighting in test. He spys an old engine block, and that being a bad azz rifle, shot the block....
He used to drink Old Milwaulkee.
A piece of the bullet flew back, and hit him in the chest, but not too deep. He pulled up his shirt, and only yellow stuff was oozing out.
His best bud said" look- that Old Millwater is oozing out of you"
We all fell on the ground, laughing. And the doctor left it in him. Want to get on a plane? lol Alarms.

About 30 years ago, a bud bought a 7mm magnum, so some go out in the woods for sighting in test. He spys an old engine block, and that being a bad azz rifle, shot the block....
He used to drink Old Milwaulkee.
A piece of the bullet flew back, and hit him in the chest, but not too deep. He pulled up his shirt, and only yellow stuff was oozing out.
His best bud said" look- that Old Millwater is oozing out of you"
We all fell on the ground, laughing. And the doctor left it in him. Want to get on a plane? lol Alarms.
that must have surprised the hell out of him. one of my shooting buddies fired at the welded section of a bbq bottle, the one that was hit with the 50, from 20 feet with a 44 magnum. it did not penetrate, instead richocheted into the ground and came back at him. hit him right in the sack, luckily did not hurt him. next time out he showed up wearing a cup.....

-
Back