What was the original application.......

-

MOBodyman

Reaction score
of this intake for a small block? Casting # 3462848.
TIA,
Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_9560.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_9561.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_9562.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 232
There are some listed on eBay for $150-$175, but that's the high end IMO, most I seen here IIRC go for $85-$100, maybe a little more if it is cleaned up or sand blasted :glasses7:

Shipping an iron intake is spendy too

I wish I could remember all the Mopar part numbers, but if I have one I don't know, I go to Google and type in the part number with the word "Mopar" behind it and if i'm lucky results show up, works great for me!

There are some listed on eBay for $150-$175, but that's the high end IMO, most I seen here IIRC go for $85-$100, maybe a little more if it is cleaned up or sand blasted :glasses7:

Thanks,
I was thinking it should be worth around $100.
Dallas

Best of luck with the sale. I was trying to sell my '72 340 intake for $60 and shipping would always kill the deal. Maybe you will have better luck than me

That's a TQ carb intake, but still a good one, shipping usually brings the price down or even kills the sale. But, if you need the right one, people don't mind paying. I would buy the 70 intake for my 70 Swinger 340 but I have one, that one looks really nice that Dallas has :glasses7:

1970 340 :glasses7:

That's a TQ carb intake, but still a good one, shipping usually brings the price down or even kills the sale. But, if you need the right one, people don't mind paying. I would buy the 70 intake for my 70 Swinger 340 but I have one, that one looks really nice that Dallas has :glasses7:

I believe you are incorrect, looks like a square bore to me

Early AFB / AVS square bore

attachment.php

TQ. Look how much difference in the primary/ secondaries

4bbl-intake-late360.jpg

1970 1 year only with that choke spring housing. last year fro the square bore. all early 340's had AVS's up until 1970.

Someone needing that exact casting for their build might be willing to pay more than 50 bucks for it. The shipping of 50 lbs is the deal killer.

Thanks for all the replies. I need to dig it out from under the shelf and check the date code on it. I have someone locally interested in it so shipping wouldn't be a problem.

I also have a couple of the intakes that take a Thermo-Quad but they are early casting dates. (I'll have to look at them again as I can't remember the exact dates.) They don't have the ports below the carb shown in the pic above. Since we are discussing $$$, any ideas what they are worth?
Dallas

Thanks for all the replies. I need to dig it out from under the shelf and check the date code on it. I have someone locally interested in it so shipping wouldn't be a problem.

I also have a couple of the intakes that take a Thermo-Quad but they are early casting dates. (I'll have to look at them again as I can't remember the exact dates.) They don't have the ports below the carb shown in the pic above. Since we are discussing $$$, any ideas what they are worth?
Dallas

The 1971 TQ intake is a good one, some say the best factory one Chrysler made for the SB, Rustyratrod Rob had a nice one, think he wanted $100 for his. 72 and later would be less, anywhere from $60-$75 I have seen those for.

Someone needing that exact casting for their build might be willing to pay more than 50 bucks for it. The shipping of 50 lbs is the deal killer.

That's what I paid for the factory (1968 ) one for my 340, $50.

$50 for intake + shipping (can't remember) + hot tanking the intake so it's useable, $50.

My $50 intake cost me about $150 (total) by the time it was ready to bolt on.

I agree with this.

I've got a couple and can't sell them for $50-75

Shipping cost definitely puts a damper on sale

When some of the most expensive sellers around ask 75-125 for 340 iron intakes, the dreamers wanting 200 are just that. They will find the truly lazy and set the sucker hook.

I agree with this.

I've got a couple and can't sell them for $50-75

Shipping cost definitely puts a damper on sale

When some of the most expensive sellers around ask 75-125 for 340 iron intakes, the dreamers wanting 200 are just that. They will find the truly lazy and set the sucker hook.

I ended up just throwing mine in with my truck as part of the deal because I just couldn't get rid of it.

-
Back