What wheel is this???????

-

74DartSwinger360

The Brat Pack
Reaction score
Hey Ladys and Gentlemen of FABO.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what brand this wheel is. It has a woodgrain texture and finish.
As I would like to find a horn switch, button, and cover for it.
It has no markings at all on it or part numbers.
I dont wanna buy a horn assembly for a grant and it not work and I am out the money.
So if you could tell me what brand it is or have the horn button assembly for it for sale let me know.
Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 340
  • 2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 319
Thanks 68Formula I couldnt for the life of me figure it out.
Its a good lookin wheel and the grip on it is great. Just cant tell anyone its from a chebby.
Came on a 71 duster steering column I got for 25 bucks.

Thanks 68Formula I couldnt for the life of me figure it out.
Its a good lookin wheel and the grip on it is great. Just cant tell anyone its from a chebby.
Came on a 71 duster steering column I got for 25 bucks.

People will know lol....if it were me I would sell it asap and buy a tuff wheel :glasses7:

People will know lol....if it were me I would sell it asap and buy a tuff wheel :glasses7:
Yea I have an E Body Tuff Wheel and an A body and E body can but wanna wait till I get the column shift collars for my column before putting it on there.
Wish the 3 spoke tuff wheels didnt have the foam on it

That same wheel (with a different grip color) was used on Camaro (as stated) but was also used on 68-74? maybe 75? Corvette as well as 68-72 Chevelle Super Sport.

Horn switch is available but in order for the horn to work, the tang on the back of the horn switch would need to make contact with a plunger of some sort connected to a copper plate inside the Mopar column. Mopar colums don't have this plunger/copper plate as you know, they use a spring loaded wheel assenbly instead, and the copper contact plate is mounted to the back of the wheel itself.
The horn button (or cap) is also available, but will have GM Crossed Flag emblems.

Hope this helps. That is one very comfortable steering wheel in my opinion. If I was you, I'd figure out a way to keep it in the car. Looks good too.

George

Reminds of my wheel in my 1974 dart

Attachments

• 100_0728%20(Copy).JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 176
That GM wheel isn't too far from a Rim-Blow wheel....
6a0133f3a81960970b0133f3a892ba970b-320pi

It needs a resto, but I have an A-body Rimblow with adapter can if you're interested.

-
Back