What Wheels For the Dart Sport?

-

73DartSport340

Reaction score
Ok guys got Carlisle coming up. This is probably the FIRST year that I really don't need anything as the "restoration" for now is done(are you ever really done?) meaning I really don't need any parts. So now I have the option of upgrading the cosmetics a bit. I paid $4500 for the car as it sits and added the rear go wing,Stripes package,new side marker lights last year at Carlisle. Now I want some Wheels. Im thinking something Aluminum as I really get sick of chrome ones pitting and rusting after a few years. So what do you guys think would look good? My mind is thinking something along the lines of
5 slot mags
centerline type
Torque Thrusts
Telestars

and thats all that I can come up with. Let me know what you think or add to my list!

Draglites look pretty good
demonls.jpg

Conv-pros or TeleStars (had those on one of my cars) would look great!!

Polished (or grey center) Torque Thrust also would look good!!

I was gonna go with the Centerline Drag Lites...love em, but didn't want to change to larger bolt pattern to get the right ones to fit...

I love my Cragars now though too.

i think the tel-stars would look great on this bodystyle, although my personal preference is drag-lites (had them) and rod-lites (have them now).

--chad

Factory rally wheels in the diameter and width of your choice. I really like the stock factory look its clean and not as flashy. But thats my opinion all of the suggestions have been good ones and will make the car look very nice. What ever you choose you will have an outstanding ride. Stock steel with dog dish hubcaps look cool too.

I also like the Rallies but just hate the deal with having to take everything off and paint them when they start looking bad. I have a carport for summer storage and then store it in a storage facility in the winter so if it rains in the summer the wheels(I have a good cover for it but does not cover the wheels)get exposed. Last year it stayed in the carport all year(money woes as the wife got laid off)and really noticed the wheels(chrome) took a beating. That wont happen this year but I was just thinking for longevity the Aluminum may work well. I saw that the outlaw II Wheels(American Racing?) are basicaly the same as the Draglites and seem to be quite a bit less.

I'm a big fan of the Centerline Telestars, Weld Drag Stars, or Cragar Street Stars...all depending on what you can afford. I also love my rallies on my Demon...widened rears. I'll be going with Cragar Street Stars on the Satellite...they just look right on the Duster/Demon/Dart Sport/Satellite/RR.

Anyone got a picture of a Dart Sport/Duster/Demon with the telestar,Centerlines(flat ones not the ones with the holes),Torque Thrust D's or Slots? I think this would help me decide a lot. type wheels? Im especialy intrested in the telestars and centerlines and slots as I think they are in my price range the TT may not be.

If you go with ralleye wheels oor steels have them powder coated for easier care.

-
Back