what will this car run????

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
i got 72 duster. 340-4 speed. mild built engine. 14" tires, 3:55 gears. i eed an exact number it will run in the 1/4. OH, AND I WILL BE LEAVING THE LINE HARD. i will winde it to 6 grand and just dump the clutch if i have to, just to gain .0001 seconds!..

sorry, rant is over

wow, i love bench racing
:wav:

LOL, well, you lack alot of info. Starting with the engine and suspension. Also tire size, brand/type and rear gear ratio.
I think these were mid 14 sec cars OOTB back in the day. IDK or remember so well anymore.

I was trying to find and remember the old car and driver reports. I think they gave this ride a high 14 drag run. I think it was a 14.8 or a 14.6, but like I said, I don't remember so well.

Traction will be a factor.

well, well, i got good tires, best of all suspension that is out there. AIR-SHOCKS! LMAO

I CAN DRIVE. I HAVE HAD MY LICIENCE FOR YEARS NOW. ROFL

Hummm, low air pressure in the air shocks will help. (Been there done that, LOL!)
for surley keep us posted on this.

Good, i got so low air pressure in them, i do not even have the lines hooked up to put any air in them. Lmao

HA ha haah a, OM Lord, thats funny.

well rumble, you have officially releived all of my stress!. thank you for making me laugh at your reply. rofl

Buy or trade for....a G-Tech...do a search for them.

I had a friend that had one back in the day (1999/2000) a first generation one...and it was accurate to within .5 a second. Pretty cool...stick it on the windshield and balance it left/right up/down, set it to 1/4-Run and just accelerate from a stop......it would display a Grav./Time based 1/4 mile estimate.
Now they have a all new model....and I cannot say anything else cause I dont have any more experience.

http://www.gtechpro.com/

Just making a educated guess, and knowing you ACTUALLY CAN make a car run....I would guess a combo like you are describing could run anything from High 11's to low 15's depending on the tune and weight and traction.

Probably run in the 15's before you see 11's though.

Well, I've had my license for decades. I cant drag race a stick...lol. So, I'll stick with 14.90-15.50.

ok. i fill you in on the rest of the goodies........................... i got nos!

Since the rear suspension is so far wrong and un-suitable. Buy a rev limiter, and since you don't tell what tires; either smoke, wheel hop, if it has tires to hook; broken parts to pick up.

oh no, no broken parts. it hokkes up so well, i can fell the rear hop so hard, that the pinion snubber fells like it is going to come through the floor, just like it is designed to do \\:D/

im going to run 16's with a two stage shot of nos??????????

first stage is 300 hp, and stage two is 500 hp, plus what is left in the bottle from stage one.!

nah, i have used both stages on the street on numerous time in the last two days. it yanks the front wheels at least a foot in the air!, and that was on a wet rainy day. bahabah

-
Back