What works with Pushbutton?

-

chinze57

Push Button tranny and a Slant 6 that'll never die
Reaction score
I’ve got a 1964 Dart with the Pushbutton 904 and a /6.

what other transmissions can work with the Pushbuttons? I’m looking for overdrive and/or lockup for reduced rpm on the freeway, and before I decide gear vendors is the way to go for od I’m interested if any other transmissions will work.

Pretty much only the older "made for" pushbutton transmissions. The transmission case is way different to accept the cable

At least some models in 65 were still cable shifter but were lever shifted, so I don't know if a 76 trans will work with a PB shifter or not

The trans case must fit the engine, and there are three different patterns, slant, small block, and big block/ hemi

There is an add on OD called gear venders but I don't know if it can be made to fit the older transmissions. Yours will still have the old style driveshaft, with a drive flange out the trans instead of a slip yoke

You can remove the spring from the vb and cut it off so the lever is as easy to move as your original. Then make a bracket for the cable and hook it to the lever, but the lever has to be really short, plus you won't be able to select low one.

-
Back