What would you do?

-

bigtom

Reaction score
'71 dart with a 318 and a Rochester 2 barrel.

I have a Thermoquad and an Edelbrock manifold. I lost the breather tubes for the carb, and gas is high.

Should I get the breather tubes and put the 4 on there or sell it and but other parts??

Thanks for your opinions...

While I'm at it another question... Will Dakota exhaust manifolds bolt to my 318? Has anyone tried this?

If you don't care if it stays stock or not, any 318 2bbl setup will work. The Rochester was only used that one year on a 318 but it's a decent carb. I prefer the Carter but that's just my personal bias. Going to 4bbl will cost you gas and the other conversion parts....gaskets, air cleaner, kickdown linkage, etc. Unless you do other performance improvements to the engine, it's a waste of time and money in my opinion. Dakota V8 manifolds will fit the 318 engine but there are better manifolds (and headers) that fit your year. I don't know if there are any clearence problems with P/S or shift/clutch linkage in a '71.

I wanted to keep it stock as it is a daily driver. I was leaning towards the two barrel and if there is no big gain in a stock motor it is staying on there... THANKS!

Ebay time!

Just a bit more oomph! I need to drive it every day , so reliability has to be high on the list. I have an electronic ignition and dueled it out, but any major mods to the engine have to wait until I get past some bills. If I sell my thermoquad and manifold I can get new carpet and a clutch fan... I have had the Dart forever and have had to do things as I go... It is at the point where it is a GREAT reliable driver. I might just wait until I can do a real build on a 340 to power up...

-
Back