What would you do?

-
The fender tag is gone. I suspect build sheet is too, as the seats and headliner have been redone. After looking at the color sample sheet, I suspect the blue may not be a factory blue. Here is a pic (that is the trunk seal and blue is inside trunk):

Attachments

• 20150314_081356.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 108
I had a similar dilemma when I restored a 66 Dart GT. The only undisturbed paint I found on the car was the underside of the transmission tunnel. The paint code on mine was A4 silver. It sure looked green to me. The PPG mix for the 1966 version of A4 was correct and matched the underside of the transmission tunnel perfectly.

Here is mine....I painted it be for I installed the engine.

Attachments

• 2015-01-14-21-10-02.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 122
If black is one of your potential future color choices, I'd go black.

The white engine bay looks good on the Hemi Honker partially because there's a fair amount of white on the car's exterior. For some reason race cars can get away with wilder schemes than street cars and still look great.

The farther you deviate from the norm on a restoration, the more out of place the general appearance will be. Although I like the Mopars to have the engine bays the same color as the body, it's still a personal preference thing.

Actually, black is where I'm leaning. I know I risk offending some with the color choice, or lack thereof, but I have always wanted a black hot rod. Its a tough color choice for a rookie, I know, but I am willing to try. I found the following pic, and for me, this car just clicks. I think it is the direction I am going to go. I appreciate everyone's pics, they really helped a lot. There are a ton of nice looking Mopars on here! Here is the pic, I hope its not too small:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 91
I decided to go black, in hopes of painting the car black someday. Here is how it ended up. Far from perfect and still have plenty to do, but I took the first drive tonight.

Attachments

• 20150814_214721.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 74
-
Back