• Stock manifolds and single exhaust.

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Stock manifolds with duals.

Votes: 33 73.3%
  • Headers with duals.

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters
-
I run stock manifolds through tti dual exhaust on my driver dart sport. I vote B
Wait a minute, I have the same setup on my swinger too.

If this car is just going to be a driver, and you want quiet, leave it alone. It's not going to run any better with duals and will probably change your tune, your fuel mileage will drop. The car will be louder and probably have a drone. How do I know this, it was done to my '72, should have left it alone. Make sure that your heat riser is free and working in the pass side manifold. If it is truly just a driver, plan A. Otherwise you have the other posted advice. Just saw the why of all of this on Engine Masters, very interesting what actually works best best.

Last edited:
There is a wrecking yard here in CO with about 20 to 40 mostly complete corvairs just waiting for someone
I'll tell my Corvair friends.

Thank you to everyone who took time to vote in the poll, comment, and suggest suppliers. I genuinely appreciate your input.

Hope your exh leak isn't one of the two studs on the ends. Mine was broken at number 7. Glad that I was going to overhaul the engine, would be a pain in the car.
Good luck with your choice.

None of the above. Hog out the original exhaust manifolds and fabricate a good 3 inch single all the way out pay attention to the Y pipe, use a scavenger design similar to the Accurate Y pipe for the 273 Hipo cars but use bigger pipe. This will sound better flow better and will be lighter than a dual system.

This video is my 120,000 mile 318 with factory manifolds, FlowMaster 40s and 2 1/4" pipes.

This video is a drive away

-
Back