What year is this Valiant?

-
Thanks Vntned! I'm looking for a 273/318 to put back in it and I want to make the engine red again too. I'm thinking of painting the body some shade of white, and leave the interior, wheels and engine red.

Ok, I didn't see a vin number. When I looked up the data plate codes, I red a code that said bucket seats, so hat had me confused on the V200 too. I just know it's not a 65 Signet, I've studied that closely over a four year build. The V200 with the slant six is a very rare in a rag top. I would like to see more people restore them, but custom is so tempting. This car is a true red on red, right?

Toddbird, what color white is that vert?

Sorry, I have just now started looking at FABO again (I had to finish a kitchen remodel...haha). I restored my 65 to original numbers matching. So the paint is SS1/Ivory. It's funny how the old Ivory bacame more yellow looking over time, but the parts not exposed to the sun looked more cream colored. I had it matched and mixed a touch lighter on the yellow, and went with a very high quality base coat clear coat. It looks more yellow in the shade, and more white in the sun.

Those front fenders are 64. -- Possibly a 65 with 64 fenders. -- Here's a picture of My 65. Mine had a Barracuda grille, and headlights, other than that it was a 65, including title. --- Also the blue car is a factory photo of a 64. --This an old series of posts, but possibly the OP will see this.

Attachments

• 65 - Fender.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 100_1015.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 64 Fender.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 166
Those front fenders are 64. -- Here's a picture of My 65. Mine had a Barracuda grille, and headlights, other than that it was a 65, including title. --- This an old series of posts, but possibly the OP will see this.

The black top car has 65 fenders

sorry for off topic:
But will the 64 grill like the convertible in the picture from bodyjoe has fit in a 1965 cuda? looks like they have the same hood and fenders. Looks great.
Cheers julian

sorry for off topic:
But will the 64 grill like the convertible in the picture from bodyjoe has fit in a 1965 cuda? looks like they have the same hood and fenders. Looks great.
Cheers julian

Yes the grills will interchange from 64 to 65 along with the 64-65 Barracuda grill

Never thought this would turn in to 2 pages of responses :) Thanks to everyone for the replies. I've started restoring the cowl. Next step is to get the windshield out and repair the lower portions of the pillars.

-
Back