what years fit

-

overboost

Reaction score
alright new to a bodies so what year(s) k frame am i looking for to swap a v8 (sb) k frame into my 68 barracuda ?

Norm

Should be able to use any from a 67 - 72. In 73 they went to the spool type motor mounts. I would try and stay away for the 67 as they use a one year only idler arm.

Yep changed to spool mounts in 73, but the K-frame should bolt up. That would add 73-76 to the list above. I have a 75 k-frame in my 72 Demon. I installed engine to K-frame and rolled the whole thing into the car from underneath. Slick fit, no scratches, no cussing. Lesson learned was to remove A/T dipstick. The handle wants to catch on pass side of the body.

guess the next q is:

so slant six and sb k frame are different right ?

sorry for the ignorance i know the b body stuff but wanted to double check on this.

Norm

Six cylinder K frames are different from SB V8 K frames starting in 1967 & on up. It might be easier to use a set of Schumacher conversion mounts than to find a V8 K frame. Look at engine-swaps.com.

i was thinking of the schuamacher mounts but maybe easier for me to plasma cut a set of engine plates and solid mount it !!!!!!

-
Back