What you would like to accomplish before you pass away?

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was talking to a customer who doesn't have long to live and he asked the question. I didn't quite know how to answer but it made me think. What's your answer? I would like to finish my Dart with a slick paint job and some nice wheels and then teach my sons to start and drive the car. My oldest can drive a stick but my youngest doesn't have a clue. I would love to have my 2 sons carry on my Mopar passion. I don't have any health problems. Just wondering what you all might think. Tmm

Too late. I'm getting ready to retire. I suppose just being able to do so is an accomplishment in this day and age.

to touch all 50 of the United States.... I've got everything South-East of the Mississippi River from Michigan down and over covered.

I have already built about everthing that I ever wanted so........
A nice second little home/camp in woods which I have plenty of land for. And let the wife design it the way she wants it.
If I were to pass on I would like to have enough that my wife and kids would not have to worry about anything, "my wife is pretty thrifty already".

Back in October I thought about how old I was (65) and
that my hair has never been long enough to have a pony tail.

Well, guess what...it's growing

My head has been shaved since 1992.

We'll see how long it takes:D

To live my life to it's full potental and for my (soon to be) wife to be able to say that I made her happy every day of our life together.

To actually have the time to stop and smell the roses. To fully appreciate life. Right now, I feel so busy that I'm not able to do that consistently.

I guess I got every thing pretty much done. Got my house, my wife. Got
both the daughters married to two great guys. Yeah I really wanted to win
that lottery. But at 58 I think I got all I really wanted.
Oh yeah! Got the Duster too!

go airboatin with memike...get the cuda done and up on the rear bumper...finish gittin my place cleaned up and sit on the front porch with my sweety drinkin coffee...then get old...very old....and die in a fiery car crash at 300 mph after having toe curling sex....thats all I can think of for now

go airboatin with memike...get the cuda done and up on the rear bumper...finish gittin my place cleaned up and sit on the front porch with my sweety drinkin coffee...then get old...very old....and die in a fiery car crash at 300 mph after having toe curling sex....thats all I can think of for now

Good thought Wags. I would like to hang out with you and Mike and Scott and a whole group of you all. I have met a few of you and hope to meet more. Watch out 2012 at the Nats, Farminton and Mopar Max. tmm

i would like to open a transmission shop and be the cheif builder and then i would like to get married ......hopefully to a man that would let me keep my cars and everything i built and then have a son who would help me work on the cars and start a race team "Kommalapati Performance" and race and include my kids and win some championship titles.....then my kids would take over the transmission shop and race team...... and i would die a quiet death next to my husband at a very old age when i am a shriveled up old lady LOL then they would keep my ashes in a little box on the backseat of my 68 dart and keep my picture on the dash

buy my dad n ma a new car for both of them for takin care of me

Ahhhhh the good ole bucket list question!? To many what if and what I should have done answers from me.

Just wish those I care for and love would appreciate the little things in life... Which ultimately are the BIG things in life.

I don't mean anybody here, other than all of us!
I think we live life too materialistic. I have many things I want to see and do, but they don't necessarily rank as "to do before" I die stuff. I think I have already far surpassed my expectations in life. My children have grown up, semi responsible!, I have succeeded in the industry I work in and I have a home with a shop to play in. The kids are probably the most important accomplishment I think any of us can achieve in life. I guess the only things left would be to ensure I spend more time with my aging mother, 83, and the in laws who are going through tough times with mental and physical health. Sorry if this is too realistic, but I believe we all should step back from "the race" and appreciate where we have been and what we have already accomplished. Only then can we truly see what is left to add to our list of "important" actions in life.

I don't mean anybody here, other than all of us!
I think we live life too materialistic. I have many things I want to see and do, but they don't necessarily rank as "to do before" I die stuff. I think I have already far surpassed my expectations in life. My children have grown up, semi responsible!, I have succeeded in the industry I work in and I have a home with a shop to play in. The kids are probably the most important accomplishment I think any of us can achieve in life. I guess the only things left would be to ensure I spend more time with my aging mother, 83, and the in laws who are going through tough times with mental and physical health. Sorry if this is too realistic, but I believe we all should step back from "the race" and appreciate where we have been and what we have already accomplished. Only then can we truly see what is left to add to our list of "important" actions in life.

very true ...prolly why my mom always says "its not about getting what you want but wanting what you have"
but your perspective is from someone who has already accomplished a lot ....what about us who are just starting out......i dont have any kids.....im just in my years now to become a mom. i have a Masters degree in Political Science ...and now that i look back i didnt even want it...i did it bcoz my dad told me to. my real goals are in the auto industry. i feel kinda bad now that you said "materialistic" bcoz your right thats not what its all about ....but isnt it good to shoot for the stars also if you have not really accomplished much yet?

very true ...prolly why my mom always says "its not about getting what you want but wanting what you have"
but your perspective is from someone who has already accomplished a lot ....what about us who are just starting out......i dont have any kids.....im just in my years now to become a mom. i have a Masters degree in Political Science ...and now that i look back i didnt even want it...i did it bcoz my dad told me to. my real goals are in the auto industry. i feel kinda bad now that you said "materialistic" bcoz your right thats not what its all about ....but isnt it good to shoot for the stars also if you have not really accomplished much yet?

You are right. I am speaking for those of us who are a little older. But if you who are younger realize that it isn't all about "keeping up to the Jones' ", then you won't be chasing the "materialistic" values we all seem to hold so high. Absolutely aim for the stars. As I said,I have succeeded in my career. I have attained a home. They are both good, but I guarantee you that raising my children successfully is far more gratifying, now that I'm there and realize it. You are young, go for it. But don't lose track of what really matters, family, friends and being truly whom you are. :D

Write and record a great Album and get my Cuda on the road.

-
Back