Whatcha' think guys?

-

4mulaSvaliant

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been working on this off and on, and because I have picked up the new widshield gasket I figured I better get back to it so I can install the glass soon.
I have liked the idea of a guage pod for a while but as you know they are made for ricers. So I have a type of foam that is really cool to work with and easy to shape. I bought some small guages and went to town. I will fiberglass the whole thing to make it durable after I get the shape and details correct. I am pretty well there though. I have a little more shaping near the door side and some filling where a piece broke off. No big deal though since I plan to glass it all later. So what do you guys think?

Gauges 004-1.jpg

Gauges 005-1.jpg

someone on bigblockdart had one in there 69 dart, it was one out of an s10 and it was trimmed a little but looked really good

Looks good. Beats chopping up a dash or screws into something else with the cups. Keeps the car in good shape.

On some cars, I have seen the gauges in cups mounted to the cowls grill. I think that looks great, but atracks attention from the wrong people.

I myself installed an seprate switch to turn on and off the lights.

Ill being doing pretty close to the same thing for the Tach. But Im going to put the tach on the console in the location it would have come from the factory. Ill be mounting it at the front of the console and shaping the housing to match the style of the factory console. I actually need to get my butt in gear on the console install because I need to do a bit of fabricating for mounting it all up. I dont have the factory brackets to mount the console. It should be interesting!
Thx for the input guys.

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but it is illegal in my country... they say it distracts the driver :???:, they can be so stupid sometimes :protest:, and other times they can be even stupider LOL... anyway it looks awesome I like it! :rock:

-
Back