What's a 710?

-

intergalactica

Reaction score
What's a 710?

A few days ago I was having some work done at my local garage. A blonde came in and asked for a seven-hundred-ten. We all looked at each other and another customer asked, 'What's a seven-hundred-ten?'

She replied, 'You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine, I lost it and I need a new one..' She replied that she didn't know exactly what it was, but that the piece had always been there.

The mechanic gave her a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like. She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710. He then took her over to another car which had its hood up and asked 'is there a 710 on this car?'

She pointed and said, 'Of course, its right there.'

If you want to know what she was talking about click here: http://www.hotautoweb.com/cogifs/710.jpg

A buddy of mine worked at an auto parts store a long time ago and an old man came in and said he needed a 710 cap. Everyone scratched their heads and didn't know what he was talking about. He said "you know, a 710 cap, right there on the valve cover where you put the oil in!"

That is like sending the Newbie out to get a gallon of prop wash.

That is like sending the Newbie out to get a gallon of prop wash.
When I was working at APG I had a newbie who was fetching tools for me while I was working on an M1A1 Abrahms. I asked him to get me an adjustable wrench. He came back with one and I said "No, no, no. That's the metric one, I need the standard one". He walked all the way back before it hit him. Funny stuff.

We were doing an annual test on an M2 Bradley AFV. Part of the test involved rotating the turret repeatedly in each direction. The record keeper on this particular vehicle was a girl. We told her to count the number of times we went around because if we went around more than 6 times the turret would "unscrew and pop off". When we got to 5 she started yelling "STOP!, STOP!". On the sixth rotation she started running back away from us, still yelling STOP! Even funnier stuff.

We were doing an annual test on an M2 Bradley AFV. Part of the test involved rotating the turret repeatedly in each direction. The record keeper on this particular vehicle was a girl. We told her to count the number of times we went around because if we went around more than 6 times the turret would "unscrew and pop off". When we got to 5 she started yelling "STOP!, STOP!". On the sixth rotation she started running back away from us, still yelling STOP! Even funnier stuff.

LOL, that cracked me up! Some girls are so naive...everyone knows it takes 8 times before the turret pops off.

I used to train newbies at a local parts store, so to find out some of there knowledge I would ask certain questions and see what kind of response I would get:
1)find me a water pump for a 71 vw beetle?
2)find me pistons for a 87 mazda rx-7
etc etc
believe me I had one guy calling parts suppliers for that water pump,everyone would laugh & he couldn't understand what air cooled meant.

I used to train newbies at a local parts store, so to find out some of there knowledge I would ask certain questions and see what kind of response I would get:
1)find me a water pump for a 71 vw beetle?
2)find me pistons for a 87 mazda rx-7
etc etc
believe me I had one guy calling parts suppliers for that water pump,everyone would laugh & he couldn't understand what air cooled meant.
Ever send one the the hardware store for a solar-powered flashlight?

-
Back