whats a good size cam for my stock 318?

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
i have a stocker 318 besides intake and carb in my w150 whats a good size cam for it, i want good rpm range and loud as hell

how is a 282/292 sound? is it much different than stock?

Try Hughes whiplash cam good power and sounds great

i have a stocker 318 besides intake and carb in my w150 whats a good size cam for it, i want good rpm range and loud as hell

how is a 282/292 sound? is it much different than stock?

282 is huge on a little, low compression 318. It will utterly kill the dynamic compression ratio and, with it, the bottom end (and probably mid-range!)

Go smaller, much smaller. Hughes Whiplash 318 cam HMC1326AL-9 looks like it could be what you're looking for.

Tried and true, and easy on the valvetrain....

Comp 260........
ISKY260......

The Hughes cam has too much lift for the stock springs and heads.
Hughes will also trying to sell you a cam with a longer EX duration for small port heads, no reason to have it, unless you like giving up low end torque for a couple hundred RPM up top. (not advisable in a 318 power truck)

If your looking for lope, have ISKY narrow the lobe sep to 106 or 104. They grind me cams all the time like that, for 150-175$. Remember, a motor that has power sounds a hell of a lot better than a motor you're trying to make sound like it has power.

The summit brand smaller cam with a set of 901-16 springs would work fine and is cheap too.

-
Back