What's a "Hang 10" ?

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
I've heard and seen the phrase "Hang 10" referring to some A-Body packages or options............

Can anybody tell me exactly what a "Hang 10" is, and what cars it refers to?

:dontknow::dontknow:

I've heard and seen the phrase "Hang 10" referring to some A-Body packages or options............

Can anybody tell me exactly what a "Hang 10" is, and what cars it refers to?

:dontknow::dontknow:

on the darts/dusters i believe it was a trim/interior package. you got the orange carpet and wild seat covers.

It also had the rear fold down seat package. Given the fact that the surfers, (hint, hang 10 !) were able to store their surfboards in the dart, because the seat folded down. lol It was only an option for the Darts, and Plymouth called their package the space duster. This is from my understanding and research !

Hey guys you are both somewhat correct but im just going to try to make things a little more clear the hang 10 option was only on the dart sports but both redfastback and dartthis are right about the options it included it had the orange shag carpet buckets with console fold down rear seat and if i remember right it was only available with the /6 or 318 you couldnt get the 360 but someone correct me if i am wrong. Again both redfastback and dartthis74 are correct i just wanted to make sure it was clear you could only get the hang 10 on the dart sports not the dusters or the regular darts. Hope this helps

If anyone has a good picture of the Hang 10 package, I'd like to see it.......figured it had something to do with the "mod" craze back then, and the fold down makes sense............

Anybody have a picture of the interior?.............And why would some guys advertise a Grille as a "Hang 10" ?............No different than the others, is it? :read2:

^^^Hit the nail on the head ^^^ They also had some wacky '70s style graphic on the side that had a little figure of a surfer integrated into it lol.

Hey guys you are both somewhat correct but im just going to try to make things a little more clear the hang 10 option was only on the dart sports but both redfastback and dartthis are right about the options it included it had the orange shag carpet buckets with console fold down rear seat and if i remember right it was only available with the /6 or 318 you couldnt get the 360 but someone correct me if i am wrong. Again both redfastback and dartthis74 are correct i just wanted to make sure it was clear you could only get the hang 10 on the dart sports not the dusters or the regular darts. Hope this helps

my friend had a 74 360 4 barrell hang 10...e58

Well crud it could come standard with the 360 thats what i get for listening to someone i already knew i probably shouldnt listen to but what the heck you cant be right all the time. Thanks for correcting me guys i was only going by what i was told sorry for the confusion pastortom1

heres an original ad

hang10ad.jpg

yup, they are pretty rare these days especially one that nice jummyray, but -10 points for flagrant misuse of fire orange carpet and -10 ouch :lol:

there was one on the cover of mopar mucle i think about 5 or 6 years ago ill look at the issue date when i go out in a little while and get the exact date if you want it.

the only diffrence i can think of between this one and the one that was on the cover it had some form of scoop on it unless my mind just went blank.

yup, they are pretty rare these days especially one that nice jummyray, but -10 points for flagrant misuse of fire orange carpet and -10 ouch :lol:

So ugly it's cool...But I don't want one.:poke:

Hang 10 in chronological order:
1. Surfing stunt where the rider hangs ten toes over the nose of the board while continuing to ride.
2. Casual clothing line/manufacturer that featured a a bare foot print as its logo, usually appearing over the left breast on their knit shirts.
3. Optional package on '73 & '74 Dart Sports. Main features were the rear seat pass-through, sun roof, and unique decor. Supposedly the seat inserts were made from swim suit material.

i have 2 dart sports,neither are hang ten cars,but both have the hang ten optional rear fold down seat. one is gettin scrapped this summer,but i am saving all the parts i can off it. the one thats gettin scrapped had buckets (took em out for another project) but no center console. and the other one i bought on the 8th has a bench seat

I happen to be the proud owner of a 75 Dart Hang 10. Car is a 3 owner. Was purchased new in 75 by my great grandfather , and when he passed away was given to my uncle. He drove the car occasionally , but sat until it was given to me last year. I remember seeing the car when I was roughly 7 years old in the garage of my great grandfathers Philadelphia row house. I'm happy to say it wont leave the family.

Car has just had some new floor pans put in, and is getting some more body repair done now. Car is all original except for the tires, battery and wiper blades. couple cool things are the car has a factory rear window defroster, which wasnt a option, and uhe fenderwells under the hood were not painted at the factory. Its a slant 6 car but a v8 is being swapped. here are a couple of pics....

102_0689.jpg

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/2008cc/Hang Ten/?action=view&current=102_0705.jpg
102_0696.jpg

101_0929.jpg

I also happen to be the proud owner of a 75 Dart Sport 360 "Hang 10". Just
click on my pictures. Incidently it's not just a pretty face it runs high 12's at
106 MPH.

Just looked at your pics........That is a GREAT Hang 10........you should post both those pics here in the thread too........... :cheers:

I got a black heavy plastic taillens cover I assume came with the hang 10 option or folddown seat option. personally I havnt seen but 1 of these before, any idea on value?

-
Back