What's Carlisle Like?

-
Usually miserable with rain or miserable heat. Like taking a 15-20 mile walk? that`s about what you`ll do if you check out the whole complex. Alot of the major vendors don`t even bring much product anymore, like legendary. You go expecting to save shipping and wind up going home and ordering online anyway#-o. Do not buy bumpers from the beaner boys, they`re garbage, don`t ask.
Searching for heavy items? bring a cart/wagon. They`ll let you drive in to get heavy stuff, but you have to surrender your driver licence and I think $50, you`ll get it back on the way out. PIA though. As said overpriced stuff, you`ll probably find better deals from here.
It is the Mopar mecca though, beautiful cars in the show field, some decent deals in the corral, ultimate cars in the buildings roped off, a must see. I`m pretty much done with the place, usually going home without what I need, beat, burnt, and bummed out, calves burning.
and I`m only 1:45 min. from the place.
I may go once more looking for those illusive 52 Dodge parts:cheers::sign3:
Go! at least once....

I Live in Shelton Scooby67...Where do u live in CT? My Duster will not be on the road any time soon so Its me and the bugeye on a road trip, Maybe bumpers and floor pans on the way home.

Once about 10 years ago I had a girl drop from heat exhaustion right in front of my booth. It was close to 100 and there was no wind at all. Some poor pregnant girl came walking by with her husband and looked like she was going to drop too. We got her to sit down and under our awning and drink some ice water till she got feeling better. There have been times it is hotter than hell out there but most years it 80 something but not unbearable. I saw in another post that Carlile is like the nationals used to be, but that's not very accurate, I went to the Nats every year but one and their swap meet is nothing near the size of Carlile's and it never was. The Nats has on site drag racing which makes up a huge part of the show. Carlile has off site racing so it is separate from the show but just the volume of show/fun field cars there more than makes up the drag racers that are not there.

Once about 10 years ago I had a girl drop from heat exhaustion right in front of my booth. It was close to 100 and there was no wind at all.

I think they started setting up large misting fans around the buildings on the really hot days to keep people cool.

Usually miserable with rain or miserable heat. Like taking a 15-20 mile walk? that`s about what you`ll do if you check out the whole complex. Alot of the major vendors don`t even bring much product anymore, like legendary. You go expecting to save shipping and wind up going home and ordering online anyway#-o. Do not buy bumpers from the beaner boys, they`re garbage, don`t ask.
Searching for heavy items? bring a cart/wagon. They`ll let you drive in to get heavy stuff, but you have to surrender your driver licence and I think $50, you`ll get it back on the way out. PIA though. As said overpriced stuff, you`ll probably find better deals from here.
It is the Mopar mecca though, beautiful cars in the show field, some decent deals in the corral, ultimate cars in the buildings roped off, a must see. I`m pretty much done with the place, usually going home without what I need, beat, burnt, and bummed out, calves burning.
Go! at least once....

Here, you have a guy whose glass is 3/4 the way empty.

LOL!!! I've been to the Nats 25 times, Carlisle twice. because of distance. Carlisle is,,,, car show and swap meet wise huge, i'm sure it has not changed in these years. I have to laugh at the "heat" comments. 100 plus weather is the norm here in Mo is july. one year i went to Carlisle they were having a REAL heat wave, well over 100, high humidity, no wind, 10 o clock at night it was still 90 plus!! iot was hot by anyone's standards. I took some parts, of which was a REAL shaker hood, no one was buying anything, just walking around and moaning! LOL I finally got $600 for the hood, complete hood. !! I took an original ( right down to the carb) 71 triple black 340 cuda, perfect car, one fresh repaint, needed NOTHIN! cou;ld not get $8900. took it home and sold it for that. and that was cheap! this was late 90's.
the $$$ guys doing the resto thing on rare or desirable cars would hit Carlisle looking for those illusive parts. they would skip Nats because all the high end vendors went to Carlisle first. yes its worl taking it all in. if you take the wife, be prepared should may not be used to walking miles in the warmth! it takes a real Mopar guy to love the whole thing!!

i'll be driving out from Portland Oregon this year. We flew out last year and after flight, shipping, rental etc.... We figured it was just as cheap to drive. The nice thing is I won't have to be selective about what I'm buying this year since I won't be shipping. There really are plenty of deals to be had.

Whatcha tryen ta say? elaborate, don`t hold back:finga:

I'm tryin to say that YOU are tryin to throw a wet towel on these guy's party. Some of these guy's are Real MOPAR Enthusiasts. :finga::finga:

i'll be driving out from Portland Oregon this year. We flew out last year and after flight, shipping, rental etc.... We figured it was just as cheap to drive. The nice thing is I won't have to be selective about what I'm buying this year since I won't be shipping. There really are plenty of deals to be had.

Rocky, contact me before you leave and we can meet up if you like. I'll be on Spots P205-P206. I'll even invite Mopar Head to the meet and greet we are holding :):):)

Go! at least once....

I'm tryin to say that YOU are tryin to throw a wet towel on these guy's party. Some of these guy's are Real MOPAR Enthusiasts. :finga::finga:

seems like a pretty honest straight forward assessment of carlisle. he still says its a must see..

Rocky, contact me before you leave and we can meet up if you like. I'll be on Spots P205-P206. I'll even invite Mopar Head to the meet and greet we are holding :):):)

Dang Disney trip getting in the way of all the fun.... Honey, you and the kids can drive the truck/5th wheel home for a day and a half - I'm flying to Carlisle to see this... LOLOLOLOL

I would be soooo divorced by the time I got home...

Hey sireland - was that the year everybody's shoes were melting into the asphalt?

Not sure if it was the same year, but I do know I never went to the bathroom all day, and I drank tons of water.

Here, you have a guy whose glass is 3/4 the way empty.
Here, you started it. You want to bust my doodads cause I have an opinion.

Jab #2, busting my doodads again, I guess I`m not a real enthusiast?
Then I get an indirect invitation to stop by and meet you? awesome,
It`s all good, no hard feelings, have a great life!

[QUOTE mopar head. have a great life![/QUOTE]

Thanks, mine couldn't be better !! You Too !! Stop by and see us at Carlisle

Will do Mitch. I will be staying at H039-42 with some friends. We are going to be camping on site.

John

See post #33

i did se that post before i posted. and i stand by my comment. he posted a pretty accurate assessment of chryslers at carlisle. ya still have to go at least once and check it out. hell i agree with everything he said and i'm still going this year..lol

I have done that nats since the beginning and stopped in 2002 , Carlisle and the Nats could not be more different . The Nats has taken a kinda seedy side and that is likely why mopar pulled its name from it . Carlisle is just class act, they try hard to make it a fun family weekend for everyone , as far as night life at the fairgrounds alot of the vendors are selling well into the evening and are more then interested in talking shop with you about your ride . There actually plenty of fun night life there , carlisle sports emporium has some really fun go karts and other fun stuff inside and all the hotels have cars cruising the lots . As everyone has said if you wonna race the nats is the place , for everything else it carlisle

yea we always do the go-karts.. i'm talking night life like the nats. that just is not at carlisle at all..

Mopar Jimmy, how do you mean the nationals have taken a seedy side? Mopar has officially pulled its name from the event? You have got to be kidding me!

-
Back