Whats everone working on?

-
working on saving up money to work on my 73 duster

what i will be working on when i get the money putting a four barrel intake on the slant and a four barrel carb headers mild convert er and a mild cam whell that is after i fix the rust and convert it to power disk brakes keeping drums in rear

I am building a 74 Duster - rust free - into a Super Street - Bracket car. Doing all the work myself - using a 440 with a 4.150 arm and Bulldog heads. Target weight is 2700lbs - projected HP is 700. I am going to have it on the track by first of next year. Sorry no pictures yet. I will be taking some soon.

If anyone is working on a simular project - send me an email - it is always nice to talk with other folks and get their ideas of how they are building their car.

Earl
[email protected]

Just finished waxing mine for the MoparHPAC show tomorrow. Will take some pics of the show and post them later on. The ole duster cleaned up real well. Used a fine cut wax to clean up the finish and then came back and used Liquid 'Crystal and she lookes like a new finish. I'm pleased considering the age on the paint.

This is a pretty cool board! I'm building a 73 duster and a 76 swinger at the same time. Tried mounting a 73 style rear bumper today on my dart and found out that it ain't gonna happen. Guess I'll put the droopy drawers rear back on it.

breakstuff said:
This is a pretty cool board! I'm building a 73 duster and a 76 swinger at the same time. Tried mounting a 73 style rear bumper today on my dart and found out that it ain't gonna happen. Guess I'll put the droopy drawers rear back on it.

Glad You like it it here. Welcome aboard.

I just ordered a new aircleaner and some frame connectors. Finished up my Rallye dash and will install it today. I also pulled the rear seat out. Just have to order my 8-point rol bar from S&W.

Adam how much are u paying for the cage im thinking of getting me one when the money is right!

Well the zombie had her probs last week so today im gonna test the heads out to see if i can still run the valves,then they go back on the car,i still need all new gaskets for my intake,timing cover and water pump,fule pump block off plate as well,then she goes back together and she hopfully will fire up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry:

Today im in the works of clealing up my moms 67' it needs a good clean down she needs a full resto on that damn car today im pulling the seats out to get them redone this week,then im pulling out the dash and the the head liner,this car needs it all but it runs like a champ and hauls *** the car was my daily driver fo my last year in high school,and what a blast that was now she needs a make over! :cry:

I just finished widening the wheelwell openings a total of 3", as the clearance was just too tight. Also, recurved the distributor, changed squirters and power valve in the Holley. Moved the tach off of the column and mounted it to the roll cage bar....much more visible. Looking into a bigger cam, mechanical type, and going to roller rockers.
[/img]

THEWHITEZOMBIE said:
Just to get it going What is everone working on?

I'm working on an ulcer..... :puker:

I finally received the needed ARP stud to replace the bad one in my new set. I also got my oil pump shaft too this week. Looks like this Sunday I'll be in the garage bolting this thing together finally.

After collecting all the bits-n-pieces all winter long I'm looking forward to driving this shitbox this season! :drunken:

Looks like Im gonna be working on brakes. They went right to the floor on the ride home from work today. In the rain at a intersection ofcoarse. Still havent figured out were all the brake fluid went. Gave it a refill pumped the brakes a few time and rechecked it. Empty again. Cant find a leak anywere.

Monday I hope to order my cage if I get the brakes fixed.

I would check rubber breaklines, rear wheel cylinders and front cylinders if you have drums all the way around. There also might be a rubber line before the distribution block above the rear of the car too.

Good luck....be safe!!!!

-Eric-

Yeah I really need to pull the drums off of it and check wheel cylinders. I just find it odd that its not leaking all over the back of the tires.

It either has to be the master or the rear cylinders/lines. Its only draining the rear half of the master.

fastbackcuda said:
Yeah I really need to pull the drums off of it and check wheel cylinders. I just find it odd that its not leaking all over the back of the tires.

It either has to be the master or the rear cylinders/lines. Its only draining the rear half of the master.

There it is right there......inside of your backing plate is probably soaked and most likely the brake shoes too.

OOPS...that's right....not thinking today.

Boy..I need to get my mind right before I stick my hands in this fuse panel to hook up my 100amp service to the garage.

URRRRRRRRRRR

im working on getting my 318 dart into the 13's on street tires. i have a 340 to build for it with 11.5:1 pistons and that im going to eddie head, but i just wanna see how fast i can get the 318 to run for now.

heres the 318

http://members.cox.net/iispunkrokkin/engine.jpg
http://members.cox.net/iispunkrokkin/pass.jpg

car has an 8.75 swap. 3.91 with a rebuilt clutch sure grip. mono leafs and caltracs. trans has a reverse manual vb with a cheeta scs shifter. car has summit pro buckets for interior.

heres the car getting hauled off to get exhaust

100_2012.JPG

so far, the exhaust is all i havent done by myself or with mydad's help yet.

so, yeah. getting the 318 into the 13's is the summer project.

Man...nice paintjob!!!!

I am going to pull the Dart out of the trailer and fix a few things like bolt in a passenger seat, check timing and go through the carb for this weekend of testing.

I want that car to work next weekend at the NSCA event at Maryland Int'l Raceway one of my home tracks.

I got some pictures from the Salem, OH event just need to scan them. Will post them soon.

-Eric-

You guys are making me sick....... you know. I sold my 71 dart last spring. why ????????? don't know why still wish i had it. Some real nice darts on here ..... Well i am working on a 73 duster now 340 727 trans w/ 5000 stall and a dana 60 . same motor and trans as i had in my dart. pic of my dart is in my web site.

:roll: i have been working on painting the house. :thumbdow:

man, am i sick and tired of painting the house.

i am ready to get back in the shop so i can get back to working on the dart. :D

-
Back