Whats everone working on?

-
Well...I pulled the six-pack off my 340 in the Demon this weekend and will soon replace it with an Eddy Performer intake with a Eddy 750cfm 4bbl. The six-pack has been pissing me off lately, so it's getting shelved for a while. I also yanked my port matched 2.02/1.60 "J" heads to be replaced by a set of hogged out "X" heads. Should be running again this weekend...

well rightn ow i am working on my 77 Power Wagon doing an engine rebuild on the reman 360 that was in there. after ui finish with that its onto either the 71 dart OR moms 87 sundance. but since she hasn't given me $$ for parts i guess its onto the dart:D

This is my 64 valiant that I am currently working on. 318 3spd on floor.

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

Hello all

Im working on a 71 Dart swinger...It orig came with a 225 but now has a 318. I changed the K-member to 74, Also plan to install the disc brake system of the 74. Not sure what color to paint it...While growing up my Dad had a 69 swinger 340 fourspeed. He tore a lot of big block ford, Chevy, and Mopar up with this car in the early 70s in the Elwood Indiana area...It was a green, not sure what code..Kind of a mid color of green with a hint of flake to it with a black V top and balck swinger stripe. So Im thinking of maybe painting it this color!
I have a few questions
1. To use the front system brake,rotor,spin,ETC. off the 74 dart in my 71 Dart...Will I need to change upper control arms and ball joint?
2. Also will I need to use the master cylinder and Portioning valve from the 74 model?

thnaks for any tips you can bring my way

Jason (IndianaDodge)
Elwood IN

I'm in the middle of a front end rebuild and disk brake swap for my '64 Valiant. It's getting the 10.87" rotors, slider calipers, Moog bushings, KYB shocks, 15"X7" rims, , etc. Lots of fun! I'm surprised at how little rust and general disorder I'm finding. This car has not been babied, but it's in pretty good shape underneath.

IndianaDodge said:
Hello all

Im working on a 71 Dart swinger...It orig came with a 225 but now has a 318. I changed the K-member to 74, Also plan to install the disc brake system of the 74. Not sure what color to paint it...While growing up my Dad had a 69 swinger 340 fourspeed. He tore a lot of big block ford, Chevy, and Mopar up with this car in the early 70s in the Elwood Indiana area...It was a green, not sure what code..Kind of a mid color of green with a hint of flake to it with a black V top and balck swinger stripe. So Im thinking of maybe painting it this color!
I have a few questions
1. To use the front system brake,rotor,spin,ETC. off the 74 dart in my 71 Dart...Will I need to change upper control arms and ball joint?
2. Also will I need to use the master cylinder and Portioning valve from the 74 model?

thnaks for any tips you can bring my way

Jason (IndianaDodge)
Elwood IN
You will need to change the upper control arm/balljoints. The 73 and up used the larger ball joint.
As for the master cylinder, you probably have drum brakes all the way around right now. The drum brakes used a risidual pressure valve in the master. Disks brake master doesn't have one on the front(disk side) of the master.
Good time to upgrade it anyway.
If you have the proportioning valve from the disk car, I would swap it.
It might go, but STOP it must.

I am working on a yellow 67 Cuda Fastback, that's had a 340 stroked to a 416,highly ported heads, intake and the rest of the motor has had the works.
And adding a large helping of Supercharger, that will
bring my little fish out to play at 750 HP!!!!

Im Building a '69 Dodge Dart, with a 383 Stroker, Hopefully I can get it to 484 without to much dramas with sourcing parts in australia

Valiant64 said:
This is my 64 valiant that I am currently working on. 318 3spd on floor.
Well if the mopar gods are good to me in about another week or two frankenvaliant will be running. I don't know how but me and my buddy are going to try and drive it to the nats if at all possible............................

1. Finishing the 408 for the 74 Cuda
2. Getting more parts out of the junkyard (my secret stash) before the guy crushes it all
3. Finishing my shop...2 year project...1 weekend every 2 months
4 Figuring out what the heck the 68 Dart vert GT REALLY is!!! GT vert with staight trim (from side marker to side marker) and a 69 tail panel!! Looks factory. See other post this section. If ANYONE knows, please tell me!!
5. 1000 other things!

Welcome Indiana Dodge!!

Dave

Had the car since I was 16....had 43,000 on it when we towed it home. (Hit a deer doing 55 MPH) Pulled the slant six-three speed column set-up. Have a warmed over 273 and 4 speed waiting to go in. 74 Dart disc brake set-up for up front....and some beefier torsion bars. Finally got a hump for the floor pan, and a 8 1/4 rear. Interior from a 65 Dart GT...black buckets and the rear..etc. Should be a fun car...has 77,000 on it now, and when I was driving it from NAS Lemoore up to Oregon...(515 Miles one way) that silly car NEVER broke down on me...really. In some ways...she's uglier than sin.....in others...well, she's down right beautiful!! Pics to follow :thumbup:

Just Joined - I am working on a 69 Barracuda conv, replaced tranny w/727 and installed 83/4 with 3:55. New motor 340 bored/stroked, TTI 3"exhaust, working on cooling, running real hot during break in.

OK, this is my first post to this forum. Let's see, I drove my '65 Barracuda /6 today to work, as I do most days year around. I talked to my son Dave about his plans for his '69 fastback/360, which my mother bought new back when. He has a clean body shell for a rebody which is in the way in my workspace, and I need for him to get moving on it. I looked over the pile of parts stacked inside my '68 340-S fastback, and am close to resolving to order up the sheet metal thus getting a step closer to working on this pile of...er, restorable car. And spent a few minutes, as I do every day, mourning the lost of my '68 383-S, which I sold last year purely for financial reasons.

I`m working on getting my 1969 Dart rolling , still needs lots of detail work and I`ve been at it since November of last year . Still needs the brakes bled, the MagForce frontend set up , a bit more wiring . Here it is so far.
chryco 557

Picture 12.jpg

Picture 40a.jpg

Picture 22a.jpg

Picture 51.jpg

Picture 33a.jpg

f2c5591a.jpg

f2bf57c5.jpg

f2bf57a0.jpg

f2bf5780.jpg

i think that's enough for now.
i have to get back to work on the dart.
i should have this baby fired up soon.

Working on the LR quarter on my 66, finishing the skim coats after welding. Got both front fenders replaced with rust free parts. RR quarter primed for now after welding/skim coats. Front discs and frontend rebuild done. Installing 8-3/4 and SS springs next. Then the fun work starts(engine & trans).

chryco 557 said:
Awesome Dart DW ! Is that a March pulley on the crank for the alternator?
Chryco 557

i think it is.
i bought it from lyne at mancini's.

well i get to figure out if my brakes on the ram are under warranty tomorrow or not.... found out today i have a stuck caliper and the brakes were redone in november right before i wrecked it.... so thats what i am workin on tomorrow.... someday shortly i will be fixing my 90 cherokee..... soon hopefully.....

Still working on my Dart after about ten years . It`s been a long road but really spead up after getting the paint done and bying Tweety`s engine last October. Just finished the wiring last night and am going to get the brakes bled soon . The rear shock mounts need to be modified now that the car sits lower however , not sure what I`m going to do yet . But with the brakes done, I can put it in gear and run it around the block a couple of times ! LOL !

It`s got :
- 557" KB / RBRE dyno`d at 875 hp / 740 ft. lbs torque

- J.W Perf. Powerglide , brake ,and convertor

- 4.10 Dana w/ Stange gears, spool , axles

- Wilwood disks all around

- Magnum Force front end

- Fiberglass front , bumper , hood , fenders , doors , and decklid.

- 12 pnt cage

- Barry Grant fuel pump , etc. fuel cell

Picture 33.jpg

Picture 7.jpg

Picture 51.jpg

Picture 33a.jpg

Picture 12.jpg

Picture 3.jpg

Picture 40a.jpg

Cryco, It's looking real good. Just becarful with it on the streets, I don't think Tweety's dart was lightened like your's. And it ran 9.90 before the engine went back in for upgrades.
Can't wait to hear how it runs.

-
Back