What's it worth? 904 trans

-

SirDan

Reaction score
904 trans leaks a bunch. overall shifts pretty good. sometimes when the trans is cold it can be sluggish on the 2nd to 1st downshift. It did not seem to slip. as far as i know it is a stock transmission internally. sure drove like it was.

What is it worth? anything?

I really have zero interest in automatic transmissions, so i don't know what they go for. I am only interested in banging gears :burnout:

thanks in advance.

If I needed one I would give 50 to 100 for a good V8 904 core.

ive seen them here for 100 bucks all the way to 600 for a stock 904. yes $600 , you guessed it, CL .

I'd agree with the $50 t0 $100

The one I have in my Dart I got for free.

It was on craigslist along with a 318, he was trying to sell both together.
I called/email him a couple times about just buying the tranny. After several weeks of his combo not selling, he said, you want the tranny, come get it, its in my front yard still attached to the engine, I just want it gone! Probably could have gotten the 318 too, but I didn't have room to store and extra engine.

Fresh oil, filter, and a front and rear seal and it works great !

I'd agree with the $50 t0 $100

The one I have in my Dart I got for free.

It was on craigslist along with a 318, he was trying to sell both together.
I called/email him a couple times about just buying the tranny. After several weeks of his combo not selling, he said, you want the tranny, come get it, its in my front yard still attached to the engine, I just want it gone! Probably could have gotten the 318 too, but I didn't have room to store and extra engine.Fresh oil, filter, and a front and rear seal and it works great !
man, you cant beat that.
awhile back i bought a 360/727 . it started at 500, went to 300, and i called the guy and told him i had 250 cash if he would bring it up to me from pueblo. had it the next day. this engine and trans work excellent.

For a rebuildable core? Lots of sellers having wet dreams out there! :)

yes sir ! not too long ago in fact. supposedly it worked and shifted, and they even started in about how hard these are to find these days. i would post the add but i think it got flagged. with good reason !

-
Back