whats it worth?

-

bayyum

Reaction score
so, my girlfriends parents have a 27 willys. the body is severly rusted, cut in half, and disassembled. the engine is seized, and the only gear i can get out of the tranny is 2nd. half the brakes are seized, and it looks to be a non original, motor/tranny, but i think it has a 8 3/4 rear end.. this car was a hot rod at some time before disassemled and left out in the wild. what do you guys think its worth, i'll try to have pictures by the end of this weekend

How about some more info as in casting numbers etc. Mike?
Can't wait for the pics!

Old hot rod? You may be on to something unusual. The turkeys over at the H.A.M.B. would be all over that thing.

The rear might be just about anything. In the 50's, the removable center section was common. Oldsmobile made one that was real popular with the hot rod crowd.

We will need to see some pics, without pics we have no idea. Sounds cool :snakeman:

i just got the pics tonight, looks like it was painted blue at one point, but i'll have them up tomorrow when i can get on my real comp.. thanks guys

here is the willys, after months her dad said i could take it off his hands. its a big project, but im going rat rod route

Attachments

• 263.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 273.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 227
  • 272.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 215
  • 271.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 270.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 269.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 268.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 203
  • 267.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 265.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 177
  • 264.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 191
im so excited :D

Attachments

• 283.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 282.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 281.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 218
  • 280.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 279.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 222
  • 278.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 277.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 276.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 275.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 274.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 212
last batch :D

Attachments

• 292.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 218
  • 291.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 289.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 198
  • 288.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 287.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 286.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 285.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 284.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 225
  • 293.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 204
Mike, that is way cool, looks like there is plenty to work with! Haven't seen ya around much latley, glad to hear from you :cheers:

Oh god, don't rat rod it. It may take longer but I would take the time to build a proper hot rod and not build a cheap excuse of one. Heck, practice metal fab and fiind someone with a welder you can use and you can build a cheap hot rod if you're willing to learn and spend the time working. :cheers:

Nice little project, chassis looks pretty good little cleaning up and it looks like it would be good to go.

Oh god, don't rat rod it. It may take longer but I would take the time to build a proper hot rod and not build a cheap excuse of one. Heck, practice metal fab and fiind someone with a welder you can use and you can build a cheap hot rod if you're willing to learn and spend the time working. :cheers:

A 4-door, in that condition????? Find me a pic of a "proper built" willys 4-door hot rod and it mite change my mind....

You will be eternally grateful that the wood was pulled out of the body and stored inside. That is THE biggest headache when putting one of these old cars back together. Nice find. I'm jealous. =P~

A 4-door, in that condition????? Find me a pic of a "proper built" willys 4-door hot rod and it mite change my mind....

lol the 36 chevy sedan we're doin at work had all of the original metal expect for the roof, quarters, (minus fenders), cowl, and top half of the grill shell replaced with new metal. 80 percent of that car was is horrible shape.

Anything can be done.

lol the 36 chevy sedan we're doin at work had all of the original metal expect for the roof, quarters, (minus fenders), cowl, and top half of the grill shell replaced with new metal. 80 percent of that car was is horrible shape.

Anything can be done.

How much "money" (parts/labor) is tied up in that '36???? I'm not knockin' the kids car, just looking at the reality of building it... You work in a custom shop, say he could do everything himself, how much change would he have in it if he built it into a proper hot-rod?? 15-20K ??? Show these pics to your boss tomorrow and bring us back a rough estimate...

attachment.php

How much "money" (parts/labor) is tied up in that '36???? I'm not knockin' the kids car, just looking at the reality of building it... You work in a custom shop, say he could do everything himself, how much change would he have in it if he built it into a proper hot-rod?? 15-20K ??? Show these pics to your boss tomorrow and bring us back a rough estimate...

attachment.php

He could do it for the price of just steel if he found the right people to help him. The car culture is full of guys that would help teach the younger guys...

is that a willys overland

yes sir, it is.

and thanks guys, im really excited, i've kinda been partial to rats and i might go that way, but i'll get it all put together first and go from there, already got the body bolted to the frame and the rad on. just waiting on my cowl that should be here today, so i can put the doors on :D

Nice one Mike,

Great pics of the recovery. Did you literally have to dig that one out of the bush? Car looks a lot better than I expected. Good luck on your build.

-
Back