What's it worth?

-

sobiecam

College Student
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've had a 440 block in my possession for about 8 years, hoping to find a project for it. Now I'm to the point i don't plan on ever using it.

it's a 1973 date code "HP" block, I don't believe it's ever been machined and it has the block, main caps, and I think i have the set of flat-tops that came out of it when I tore it down....

The question is, what do these go for? I read something in Mopar Muscle about HP blocks being sought after, what do you guys think?

Sorry to disappoint but the Horses on a 73 440 were only 275-280. That's because the comp. ratio was only 8 to 1 and even though it had flat tops the pistons were near 1/8" below deck. The 73's were cast with a few more strengthing ribs on the side of the block so I guess you could say they were stronger but sought after, not anymore than any of the other 440's. Therefore a complete engine not including carb might bring $1000. Just the block with steel crank 500. That's just my opinion.

I know in the Dodge Truck world/scene, complete running 440's go for maybe 500 - 1k tops, and that's usually with the Transmission behind it. Even then you have a hard time getting rid of one because the Cummins Diesel swap is more popular for power and mileage. (as far as trucks go, of course. It'd be insanity to shove a CTD in a muscle car )

In the car scene, dunno.

I traded a 360 long block that needed bored out for a complete 440 and the 727 trans....

..........I sell them for $200.00.............kim.........

X2

There is NO difference in blocks other than a cam change! There are also some blocks stamped with a Iron cross. These were thought to be something special. Not, just has different size main and rod bearings. Some fool come to me wanting $1500 for a block with this Iron cross. I told him to get lost!!:finga:

-
Back