What's It Worth?

-

pagilman

Reaction score
I need some input from you guys. I don't know much about the price of B bodies and found this car in storage. The guy said make me an offer and I have no idea what it is worth. The guy said it needs a carb cause it starts and stalls, but we know its the resistor!!!! Does anyone know prices of these things and would you make a roadrunner clone or keep it original as it appears to have 70K original miles on it. Might be a sin not to keep it original, Thansk for any input Walt

Walt: I just looked at the book for ya and if you pickit up for anything less than $5000 you ain't hurt. I see it's a small block but with gas prices that aint all bad. Start low and then you can come up as a buyer. The seller will always start high. You're the other guy. Good luck.

Walt, I agree. The Serbing is a nice car. 318 powered?

Looks like a pretty nice car..... A/C ?????? 5k would be about the most I would give for it also....... Then I would have to get rid of those hub caps....... Gross.....

5K would be a steal! That car looks very nice, imagine it all polished up! Not many Sebring Satellites left, I would leave it a Satellite if I had it, maybe add a Road Runner hood like I did with mine. 1972 models are also more rare. Always liked those cars!

Satellite 007.jpg

5K would be a steal! That car looks very nice, imagine it all polished up! Not many Sebring Satellites left, I would leave it a Satellite if I had it, maybe add a Road Runner hood like I did with mine. 1972 models are also more rare. Always liked those cars!
I agree. I would keep it the way it is and do little things to it,like adding different wheels and such. It looks to be in real nice shape overall.

Thanks for the responses, i think I will try 4000.00 next week when I get up that way. Yes it is a 318 with air, butit would be sweet with a 340 or 360 and a rodrunner hood. thanks Again, Walt

I had one of those. Nice cars. Mine had a 400 ci in it. Not much power,and loved gas.My op,better off with the small block. I agree,I would give $5,000.
Dave

If it's as nice as it looks it's definately worth $5K, looks like it's in really nice shape for a Pa. car!

What’s it worth? Loaded question. So many variables.
1. Is the THE car you want? If so, doesn’t matter what anyone else would give for it.
2. Is money (within reason) an object to you? (See above)
3. Is the car as nice as it appears? No rust, all original cars are worth a premium tome.
As far as what to do with it. That is even more of a personal choice. If all you did were re-badge the car, 99.9 percent of the people walking the earth wouldn’t know (or care) the difference. Just stay away from car shows and nitpickers. (OK the wheels must go).
A rose by any other name……………..
Nothing wrong with a 318 either to get from point A to B.
Most people like black. Not my first choice car. Certainly looks good on this car.

I would not road Runner it, I would leave it like it is.

I don't play the "make me an offer" game. Ask him "what you gotta have out of it?" and go from there. Remember in the make me an offer game the first one to name a number generally looses. If he wants to sell it, he already knows what he wants, and what he will take, otherwise he is just "fishing" for a stupid money offer he might or might not take. Have you ever sold a car on "make me an offer" without a number in mind? Would you have taken less then the number you had in mind?

Just my opinion, but I have been doing this for a while. Of course if you "can't live without this car" then you have to pay whatever price he wants . If you are willing to walk away, then you are in the "drivers seat" so to speak. Also you would be surprised the wonders that a wad of cash a bit smaller then his asking price will do, having a car trailer behind your truck when you show up don't hurt either.
\

TopHat

I would not road Runner it, I would leave it like it is.

I don't play the "make me an offer" game. Ask him "what you gotta have out of it?" and go from there. Remember in the make me an offer game the first one to name a number generally looses. If he wants to sell it, he already knows what he wants, and what he will take, otherwise he is just "fishing" for a stupid money offer he might or might not take. Have you ever sold a car on "make me an offer" without a number in mind? Would you have taken less then the number you had in mind?

Just my opinion, but I have been doing this for a while. Of course if you "can't live without this car" then you have to pay whatever price he wants . If you are willing to walk away, then you are in the "drivers seat" so to speak. Also you would be surprised the wonders that a wad of cash a bit smaller then his asking price will do, having a car trailer behind your truck when you show up don't hurt either.
\

TopHat

Good sound advice. Especially the "Also you would be surprised the wonders that a wad of cash a bit smaller then his asking price will do" tip. It has worked for me.

-
Back