Whats it worth

-

Frodee

Off center a bit
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Most of you know my 73 Scamp I restored a few years ago and thinking of selling it.
Factory sunroof 408 from Blue Print 904 tranny with a gear vendor over drive and the list goes on I have a build trend but don't know how to bring it up because I'm not good with computers.

296269984_10105534901245625_7429519540153202465_n.jpg

IMG_20221015_183903362_HDR.jpg

20210108_123829 - Copy.jpg

I wouldn’t sell it either, get a loan using your Scamp as collateral for your dental work as a last resort. You’ll regret it. Beautiful.

Have you looked into aflac or similar additional insurance?

When my wife needed some dental work I crunched the numbers and the part the insurance paid was well beyond what it cost me for an annual contract

So I got her the insurance, she had all the work done in a year and we canceled it again

Still wasn't cheap, but not as bad as it could have been

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions and I know if I sell it I'll be kicking myself for doing so.
It's more than getting new teeth it's about paying all my bills off as well then I could afford to be retired.
Had a batch of bad luck and it drained my savings.

Really hope you don't end up having to sell it Fred, I'm still kinda kicking myself for selling my 70 Dart. Wish I could afford to buy it from you, she's a fine ride.

Fred, if any way possible you should hold on to it. Your car is gorgeous!
Hopefully Sublime has a good idea that will help.

Really hope you don't end up having to sell it Fred, I'm still kinda kicking myself for selling my 70 Dart. Wish I could afford to buy it from you, she's a fine ride.
Hope I don't have to but yea I can't think of another way out Randy. I have 35,000 in it not counting labor and I knew I would never get that much back if I sold it.
The old truck when I'm done building it is for the grand kids and can't take that away from them.

Fred this is just terrible news, that car is righteous. There has got to be another way, right? I am going to text ya, I may have another idea.
I am trying to keep the old gal John just spent all I had this last year and trying to take care of the mother in law has finally came to an end today so that helps.

I’ve seen this car in person and let me say it is beautiful, I can’t put a value on it but it’s a top notch car....hope you can keep it bud!

You climbed your mountain building your car and working your craft, nobody will ever be able to take that away from you.

You owned it, drove it and experienced it, it's all good. These cars are assets that hold their value very well, that can be sold and turned into money to pay bills and get out of debt.

That is Smart Money right there, being debt free is the ultimate freedom.

It is always great to see the next worthy people get the cars, as they take care of them and keep the dream alive along with showcasing your efforts of getting it there.

They come out to look at the car, without even driving it. Yeah we want that car, go sign over the title and they drive it away.

Of course they are going to take good care of the car as it is an investment for them, and one day too they will be able to cash back out of it and move on to other things.

Figure out what you need to clean up your debt, some or all of it. Price it to sell. Turn the page, you have already won the game.

Good things await you once your hands are free to accept the coming changes of life.

No regrets, it's all good.

69 StPaul 2019.jpg

With debt comes loss of freedom. And for some it actually motivates them in life and gives them more choices.... But selling that car you put your soul into, I dunno. You gotta do what you gotta do but make sure it's not a knee jerk reaction because in today's world duplicating the same car if you ever decide to do so will cost substantially more.

My dad is wanting to get some dental work done and is disgusted with the cost. Enough so that he has put it off for 2 years. Never met you and from your post I am sure you are a guy anyone would have at their dinner table and with that being said evaluate your options and pick the best line for your life. Maybe you sell it and move on or a member may look at it and talk about other options (and I see that is currently happening.) Keep an open mind and ears perked up......

Stay strong,
JW

You climbed your mountain building your car and working your craft, nobody will ever be able to take that away from you.

You owned it, drove it and experienced it, it's all good. These cars are assets that hold their value very well, that can be sold and turned into money to pay bills and get out of debt.

That is Smart Money right there, being debt free is the ultimate freedom.

It is always great to see the next worthy people get the cars, as they take care of them and keep the dream alive along with showcasing your efforts of getting it there.

They come out to look at the car, without even driving it. Yeah we want that car, go sign over the title and they drive it away.

Of course they are going to take good care of the car as it is an investment for them, and one day too they will be able to cash back out of it and move on to other things.

Figure out what you need to clean up your debt, some or all of it. Price it to sell. Turn the page, you have already won the game.

Good things await you once your hands are free to accept the coming changes of life.

No regrets, it's all good.

View attachment 1716016831
Thanks my friend always nice to hear from you.

With debt comes loss of freedom. And for some it actually motivates them in life and gives them more choices.... But selling that car you put your soul into, I dunno. You gotta do what you gotta do but make sure it's not a knee jerk reaction because in today's world duplicating the same car if you ever decide to do so will cost substantially more.

My dad is wanting to get some dental work done and is disgusted with the cost. Enough so that he has put it off for 2 years. Never met you and from your post I am sure you are a guy anyone would have at their dinner table and with that being said evaluate your options and pick the best line for your life. Maybe you sell it and move on or a member may look at it and talk about other options (and I see that is currently happening.) Keep an open mind and ears perked up......

Stay strong,
JW
I could go back to work but I really am enjoying being retired and not pushing dents out of cars.

Sometimes in life, it is just time to move along and make hard decisions. That said, when I sell one of my cars (my babies) I always hope it goes to a loving home.

When we build a car, we put our soul into it plus lots of hours, sweat and $$. Us DIY know that. But when it is sold, we still have the great memories and experiene.

I hope you can keep this outstanding car if it is meant to be. Good luck Bro.

-
Back