What's my car worth?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and I also found the original bill of sale (cost $3419 out the door), the owner's manual, the warranty paperwork and receipts for every stinking oil change/repair.

Ok, now that we have something to look at I will say the $12,500-17,000 is way high.

I would say that car is in the $6,000-8,000 if it runs and drives as good as it looks.

I'd say degrease the heck out of the engine bay and then pressure wash it, 5k for a quick sale, and 7ish to start. Nice car. :)

Well that would be fair I guess. The car actually drives better now than it did in '72 in large part due to the radial tires. Starts on the first attempt every time.

I did notice that the A/C wasn't getting very cold and probably needs a can or two of R12.

Last time I looked at a Hemmings, there was a very similiar "Survivor" 72 Duster in there for $14K and it had a slant six. Of course the Hemmings car had no picture so I have no idea if it was cleaner than mine or not.

I guess I'll know more after Saturday when I take it to the car corral at the Mopar show here.

Last time I looked at a Hemmings, there was a very similiar "Survivor" 72 Duster in there for $14K and it had a slant six.

Listing a car for 14k and selling a car for 14k are two totally different things.

I could offer my car for sale at $40,000......... But I don't think anyone would buy it.

Beautiful car....You need to take your time in selling it. I hope you find the right buyer to help out your $$ needed for Mom's care. Start out high $$...you can always take less, my 2 cents from the peanut gallery!!

It's like me asking "Is this chick hot or not?"........... Without posting a pic.[/quote]

have a half dozen beers. you won't see what your driving then. lol

start it at 7.5-8 and go from there. If you get 6 I think your doing good.

After seeing the pics, ask $7495. :)

Pretty nice looking, good to see the A/C setup still there,
does the A/C make Cold air?

P6200548.jpg

P6200553.jpg

Exterior from what is shown looks pretty clean.
I like the fender-mounted turn signal indicators and seat upholstery pattern, very 70's.
Should be interesting to drive w/o a brake booster and original brakes.
Good luck with the sale; maybe you'll find a buyer who emotionally connects with it and gives/offers you a fair price.

I think $6000K would be real fair for that car, $8000K on the high side but its probably still fair. A set of Rallyes would look great on her.

I'd like to chime in by saying that this car is not only clean but from what I see in the pics it would be the type of car that the professional shops look for to create one-off drivers for wealthy customers. I'd take my time trying to sell this car and list it in Hemmings and a few other places that have large subscriber bases. Like 67Dart said get it throughly detailed but don't change anything and have several quality photos taken and get it listed through the summer and see what happens. Sport

I think this weeks Car Corral will give me an idea if the car sparks any interest.

However, if it doesn't sell this week, Hot August Nights in Reno is right around the corner. Reno is about an hour from here and that should be a nice little drive for the Duster.

72 duster v-8 A/C car in this condition. 12- 15 is good. I paid 9.000 for one recently and sold it for 15.000 in a month. The car was not as original as this one. It was a repaint and non original interior. The A/C was also not under the hood. This car is really a nice surviver. Put it on Ebay with the riight pics. I think you'll get your price. You might be able to get a doctored RR. for that price. but another 20k to put it to this condition. This car is super nice and looks to be well maintained. good luck. Steve

If that car was back east it would get 8-10K if detailed out.

Out here I stick with my 6-8K range. If it was a 70-71 in a different color it would be 8K+.

After seeing the pics, ask $7495. :)

Pretty nice looking, good to see the A/C setup still there,
does the A/C make Cold air?

P6200548.jpg

P6200553.jpg
I agree $7495 or ask $7800 and take $7500 Should see no problem getting that price. Nice set of Rallye wheels would really set that car off.

8K to 10K here..beautiful but these cars are rare in this rust belt..why not keep it yourself and join the hobby ? You have an awesome starting point.

Grassy

8K to 10K here..beautiful but these cars are rare in this rust belt..why not keep it yourself and join the hobby ? You have an awesome starting point.

Grassy

I already have a 69 Camaro SS project AND...as soon as I have cash in hand from this sale, I'm getting a 65 Mustang 2+2 GT.

I already have a 69 Camaro SS project AND...as soon as I have cash in hand from this sale, I'm getting a 65 Mustang 2+2 GT.

OK..I confused..."I was gifted my mother's 1972 Duster 318 (2bbl) and need to sell it to pay for her long term care. "

Nice looking car! To sell it will be somewhat of a balancing act. If you want to move the car in 2 or 3 months I still think your looking at $7,000 or less. If you have lots of time you can price it high and maybe sell it for slightly more than $7,000

I really like the car but looks like it may have some oil leaks by the steering box and would bet money the front end bushings and maybe ball joints need replacing if it has not been done in the recent past. Both are fixable but if I was I buyer paying top dollar for a nice car like yours. I would be pointing out all the problems trying to work you over on price. LOL...

I'm sure your experience selling it will be as entertaining as asking this forum the value of your car.

OK..I confused..."I was gifted my mother's 1972 Duster 318 (2bbl) and need to sell it to pay for her long term care. "

yea, never tell lies, as you will forget them, and get blasted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hope you only get 2k for the car. your moms long care help must not be very long at all, huuh!. EPIC FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back