What's my Dart Worth?

-
for a nice running driving car a think 4 is fine... but the problem is that not many people like the 64's

I'm figuring this out now, but Idk why. I like the body lines and just overall a nice car, well maybe that's just me.

for a nice running driving car a think 4 is fine... but the problem is that not many people like the 64's

THAT HURT'!!!!!!!!!
Moe

I agree Moe! I'm sad to sell mine as it is, and selling for so low is adding insult to injury ha.

The $2850 price is realistic but you don't always get a quick sale, sometimes it just takes awhile. BTW I love the '64's.

Yah, I mean I wasn't expecting to sell it in 5 minutes or anything but it's been two or three weeks now.... guess that's not so long in the big scheme of things :p Just some money for school would be nice.

The $2850 price is realistic but you don't always get a quick sale, sometimes it just takes awhile. BTW I love the '64's.

I would agree $2850 is in the ball park. Although you may need to be prepared to discount further. There is just not a lot of buyers for a 45 year old car that has no ac, no power windows, no power door locks, and limited performance and reliablilty.

If you search the classifieds there are a ton of 20 year old cars for about $2,000 that have more modern conveniences, better performance, and economy for around $2,000

It makes for a hard sell to young kids and others that are on a tight budget. Comes down to finding someone that has an emotional feelings for a car like yours.

I agree with zhandfull.
It makes for a hard sell to young kids and others that are on a tight budget. Comes down to finding someone that has an emotional feelings for a car like yours.

Like me!!!!!!!LOL

its not that the car is not worth it, its just that there alot more cars out there for sale right now, for almost free, that people will snach up for the lower price. cause everyone is selling

Yah, I understand that, but classic cars will always have a market I hope! and oldfartsdart I'd sell to you for 2600?

Yah, I understand that, but classic cars will always have a market I hope! and oldfartsdart I'd sell to you for 2600?

If I had it I'd consider that offer, I'm into mine way too deep and a front suspension overhaul looking me in the face.hope you sell soon, but remember right now there are more sellers than buyers, and that makes it a buyers market.
Goodluck
Moe

Just remember pick a part buys these old classic for $400 for scrap value. So that is about the bottom of the market for our classics unless scrap prices go down. I sold an early a for $2200 earlier this year and it was a good running driving stoping car that needed paint and interior. I had also thought it was worth about $4,000.

Yah, classic car market is in the toilet, and mine already has a newer interior, and alot of new engine/performance parts. However, I guess I'll have to stomach selling it for less.

not saying that no body likes them... im working on getting my second one lol...

but to the average person they are just very different lol

man let me put it to ya this way .... if i had it i would own it ..... its the no cash thing for alot of us that thing is nice looking im sorry ur having to sell .. that girl

Maybe selling it as a "classic" isn't getting the hits on CL.

If it were me, at that price you're looking for someone that needs a cheap daily driver, that still cares a little about what they are seen in. Your potential audience (if it were me) could be first car for a teenager. There's a lot more steel there than the newer cars. I have my daughter driving my Suburban when she 1st got her license. (yeah, she totaled it, but survived unscathed)

I'd change the description to include "/6 engine, these are known to go over 200K miles" and "very economical on gas, yet still has style", "lots of money invested" or some such.

I'd also include keywords below the description "cheap transportation" "daily driver" etc. to help bring in people who are searching.

Look at the keywords search words at the bottom of some of the "fly by night" used car dealers use in their ads and see if it helps.

You might just be fishing in the wrong pond......

Just my .02

Does craigslist have a limit on the number and size of pictures? You can't really tell anything about the appearance of the car from those small pics. So, it's nearly impossible to give an accurate estimate of its value unless the interested party physically sees the car, or the seller emails higher res pics. How bout uploading some of those pics to this thread?

I have a 63. I'd love to have your car too...but no money. I think that's most everybodys problem. Those who have some are hangin onto it.

Yah craigs only lets you post 4 pics, at that size.... I have a for sale ad up in the classifieds on here with higher res photos. Ya'll are right tho, I should advertise it a bit different.

1964 is my favorite year. I personally think the hood and grill are the best. It's the 50th anniversary for Dodge and the last year for the push button automatic.

That said it amazes me how cheap these cars are. I went to fall fling and I only saw 4 early darts and I never see them on the street.

I would get some signs in the windows and drive it around or park it in a high visibility area. I've done much better selling old cars that way than I have with ads. Ads will only attract people who are looking for that specific model. A sign will attract people who are flexible and just want something classic, but they're not set on a specific car.

On the bright side, once you get your degree, you'll be able to easily afford another one.

-
Back